Monday, November 12, 2007

Random Act of Kindness

We still have lots to catch up on from last week but I feel like starting with today first. Forgive me for being selfish like that.
Most of my peeps had today off. Me? Not so lucky. I was up and at 'em nice and early today. I was taking no chances the predicted windstorm would knock the power out and I would not be able to get done what I absolutely had to.
Yes y'all, we had another fierce windstorm complete with rain today. No power loss in my neck of the woods but plenty of other fierceness to go around and around and around and around.
Nonetheless we (Maricel, Ace, and I) braved the elements and headed out to lunch. After discussion, Panera was chosen.
I think we all had the chipotle chicken sandwich. I can't remember what Maricel's sandwich was as they gave her the wrong number, then someone took her food, and finally she had to get another one made.
Ace had a whole sandwich and apple.
Maricel and I chose a half sandwich, chips, and soup. She had the broccoli cheddar and I chose the clam chowder.
We all shared the sweet treat.
I know it is not right to pass judgment on others, let alone take pictures to publicly out them for all to see, but this one, god please forgive me, was too much not to share with you.
I would like to think her grandchild did her hair and she was wearing it like this with love but she was all alone.One clip maybe but four with that amount of hair? Really?
I'm just saying.
Post lunch, Ace and I were going to take in a movie and maybe a little shopping. Maricel left us to hang with her hubby.
We never made it to the movie. We did shop though.
We hit up Barnes and Noble and Borders. Yep, we're bookish like that.
We were on the hunt for two books Ace has his mind's eye on. Would you believe neither one was found? One has not been released yet and the other one was not in stock.
When all was said and done, I ended up getting two books and he selected one.
Afterward we walked around the mall and Ace spotted this gem. Leave it to him to find the grandma orthopedic shoes and to call out a display.
We thought it was Santa wearing some girly pants and then after the picture was taken, we noticed the Mrs. for Mrs. Fields cookies and it made sense.
Later the thought of the fugly shoes on this and the other displays was a conscious choice so peeps wouldn't be tempted to steal them.
On the way to the grocery store, we came across a homeless man and his dog on the street corner. Ace gave him some money.
As the light changed and I drove onward, my inner voice spoke and said, "Go buy the puppy a jacket and some food."
So I quickly changed lanes and onward to Pet Smart we went all the while Ace was singing "Someone's got their good samaritan on."
I thought the reversible, rain protective, reflective jacket was the best choice for the pup. It even had two little pockets on it and a cut out for the leash.

We probably could have gotten a large instead of the extra large size but at least the pup will be somewhat protected from the elements.

We weren't the only good samaritans either. As we drove back to the corner, another lady was giving him a bag of food.
This little puppy made out today. A bag of food from her and four individual, easy to travel, natural food bags and a doggie jacket from me.
I am sure the man was taken care of as well. Ace gave him money today and I did Friday night too. I am sure others opened their hearts and wallets too.
It makes me even more thankful for what I have tonight as I sit on my couch, with a roof over my head, food in the pantry, food for my kitties, and a warm place to sleep tonight.

4 comments:

annabkrr said...

You've got a good kind soul Mo. God likey.

Monica said...

I've only been to Panera once, but it was totally memorable. I'll have to get over there sometime soon!

Unknown said...

God bless Mo and Ace. What goes around, comes around.

Mo said...

Summer,Anna, and JJP,
Thanks. It felt like the right thing to do.

JJP,
So true. So true.

Monica,
Go back and delight in the cheat day!