Thursday, November 08, 2007

Tuesday Tales

When: Tuesday, November 6
What: 28th Seattle International Comedy Competition
Who: 16 Comedians, a Host, Ace, Maricel, and Mo

Time: Good Ones
Last Tuesday, as I am pounding out the work, I get an email from Ace. It says "I want to go to this! Let me know. Tickets are $15.00."


First, it was a nice "interruption" during the day. My friends, god love you all, pretty much know between the hours of 6:00 AM and 6:00 PM during the work week, is not the best time to reach me.
When I saw his email addy pop up in my work email I was pleasantly surprised and secondly, I was relieved it wasn't an emergency. Anywho, my immediate response was count me in even though the show didn't start until after 8:00 PM and the event was on a school night.
Fast forward to Tuesday night. It started out as a comedy of errors. Maricel got off of work early so we could meet Ace before the show to eat. He was running late, missed the ferry, and ended up driving around.
That's what we call it because literally you are driving around Puget Sound.
It's a 60+ mile drive and the only other way to get there from where he is or me to get to him, T, or M2, is to get on one of these.

What you see on Grey's Anatomy is an accurate representation.
It is a part of our everyday life if we choose to utilize this form of transportation.

I love me some ferry boat . The price? Not so much.

Of course with the rising gas prices around these parts, it is quickly becoming worth the price of a fare.
Ok, sorry to digress. Back to the Tuesday tale.
Maricel arrives. I try to buy tickets in advance but the website is down. We write down directions and head north to Seattle.
Directions seemed easy enough:
Left on 4th
Left on S Jackson
Right on 2nd
Arrive at destination
Um, not so much. Maricel and I were out for a nice Tuesday night drive. It took us 3 times to finally find our way there.
But hey, it was all good. Since we were meeting early for grub before the show, we had plenty of time to spend going around in squares.
We arrived hungry, thirsty and with smiles.
Long Islands and water for us. Ace later had Bud Lights.

The chicken club Maricel and I each had. Ace had a burger.

We were one of the first peeps there so guess what? We got to sit up close and personal. We were right by the stage. Ace was worried he would be heckled since he was arriving late but...

...he arrived before the show started. However, this didn't stop us from being picked on and becoming part of the show.
Why the comics selected us and not the "the 80s called and want their hair back" group complete with a woman in their group who I promise you looked like she was hating life instead is beyond me.
We would have gotten pictures of them for your viewing pleasure but we were skeered we were going to get our butts kicked if we snapped a shot or two. The stink eyes we were getting were enough to deter us from even trying.
Ace was called out for laughing when the host was talking about working at a Mexican restaurant and later got a high five and a fist pump by two other comedians. I got to play with a man's balls during his act.
I was laughing so much about half way through the show I had to break out the Excedrin because I got one of those headaches. You know the ones I am talking about right? I get those a lot.
Check this out for a review of the comics. We were at SIIC: Preliminary Week Two - Night One show.
Plans are in the works to attend the finals.
Another night of good times y'all, good times...wish ya' had been there too.
Peace and Love Peeps.

3 comments:

kimmyk said...

How fun!

Well except this part "I got to play with a man's balls during his act"

Uhhh excuse me?

Unknown said...

That was so much fun!!! Thanks for inviting me:) I'm glad I went even though it was a school night:)

Mo said...

Kim,
Get your mind out of the gutter. Oh wait, this is probably where mine would go to first too.

The "balls" were red foam ones. I held them. I squeezed them. They multiplied.

Maricel,
Me too. Me too! Of course the next morning I was not so happy about the alarm going off...