Tuesday, November 27, 2007

Let It



Snow!

Oh yes it did last night.

It didn't stick but it was pretty to watch while the flakes were falling.

Of course, being out in it, wasn't too much fun because I was not dressed for it.

Yep, I decided yesterday wearing a long sleeve knit shirt, a mid thigh length sweater jacket, tights, herringbone slacks, and low heel boots warranted no need for a jacket.

Boy howdy was I wrong when I decided to go grocery shopping on my way home from work.

It was not so bad except for when the wind was blowing. Then all I could think to myself was "Holy hell. It is cold!"

Thankfully my sweater jacket has a hood. And I was counting my blessings I had a warm place to be after making my purchases.

I couldn't help but say some prayers for the homeless and the people working last night that had to be out in it, especially if they weren't dressed for it.

But then I started thinking "holy hell. It is cold" after I got home and had to drag all the bags of groceries up 25 stairs by myself.

Yada Yada I know...at least I have a place to live and the means to purchase groceries but living by yourself on the 3rd floor sucks when you have to haul stuff up and down the stairs.

The good news? The fridge and pantry are stocked again and they are predicting 14 inches in the passes today.

Know what that means?

We may get to go play in the snow soon. A certain someone I know wants to break out their snowboard. And I am always up for a road trip to the snow.

Peace and Love Peeps. Break time is over...and I have a two hour conference call starting in mere minutes.

4 comments:

annabkrr said...

This morning I thought I heard Shawn telling the t.v "Snoqualamie pass always gets a lot of snow!"
(prolly didn't spell that rite)

Now I know what he was babbling about.

Break out da snow boots

Anonymous said...

Ooo...no wonder it feels so cold. Snow is in the air! Stay warm and have fun on the slopes!

Monica said...

I'm laughing at your grocery bag comment. When we lived in our apt. I got really good at carrying 10 bags on each arm, and can still do it today!

Enjoy the snow!

Cheryl said...

Did you really get all that snow? I'm a little jealous. I always think of days off when I think of snow. Too bad for me that I work totally on commission. No work no pay. Still, the idea of a snow day is so appealing.