Monday, November 19, 2007

Friday, 11.09.07

When: Friday, November 9, 2007
Where: Downtown Tacoma
Why: To Celebrate Marie's Birthday
Who: Marie, M2, Ace, his cousin, and little ole me
How: Tacoma Comedy Underground Style


Marie, who is M2's Mom and close friend/family of mine, was in town from Texas for the week and Ace's cousin flew in from Tennessee for the long weekend.


Friday was Marie's birthday. She wanted to go to a comedy show since we had such a good time at the competition Tuesday night and was not able to join us.

So of course we wanted to honor this birthday girl's wishes. How adorable is she?


They all piled into one car and drove around. I met them here to see this dude.


They were running a little bit behind so I was seated, ordered and tried not to make a new friend.

I seem to attract the freaks. We've talked about this before. The saying of the freaks come out at night certainly applies to me.

Here's the latest one to add to the list.

His peeps tried to contain him but he was having no part of it. After trying to figure out if he had too much to drink, not enough to drink, was off his meds, or was simply trying to drive me crazy with his version of reality, the peeps arrived.

They ordered their drinks and the show started shortly thereafter.

I would love to tell you this show as good as the 16 we saw Tuesday but I am unable to do so. There were moments of comedic genius but for the most part, the amateurs were funnier.

Don't get me wrong. We had a good time and the company I was in was great both nights. Tuesday just offered more laughs. I didn't even need to get the aspirin out once.

We left the show and as is the norm, took a few pictures before we went our separate ways.


And then because I am funny like that, I decided to take a picture while I was driving home on a rainy, fall, Pacific Northwest night...

Coming up later this week for sure will be southern peeps eating at the Southern Kitchen and the Saturday night excursion out for the fourth meal and trekking across Seattle.

For now, I am going to crawl under the covers with the love kitty and just be.

Peace and Love Peeps.

5 comments:

annabkrr said...

Looks like y'all had a wonderful time! It's good that momma could come visit.

I'm glad you are feeling better too!

Unknown said...

hmmmmm.

Monica said...

Oooh...a fellow freak magnet! Want to start a club with me?? ;)

Mo said...

Anna,
Thanks. I am on finally on the mend and joining the land of the living. Of course everyone is now saying how terrible I sound but I sound worse than I feel.

Ace,
I got your hmmmmm. I still say there is more there than you are telling. If not, ok but pictures can speak volumes and tell a thousand unspoken words. ;)

Monica,
Consider the club started. Maybe it has to do with our name and sunny dispositions? Yea, that is my story and I am sticking to it.

Unknown said...

Oh poo on you!