Friday, November 16, 2007

Love You but Let Me Sleep!


Princess above.

Jasmine below.


Neither one has really left my side, which is normal when I am feeling blue or under the weather.

What is new is the bickering between them to see who gets to lay on my throat as I sleep.

The key word here is S L E E P.

In the midst of growls, hissing, meowing, and boxing not much of the key word has been going on.

I love you babies but for the love of all that is good and right in the world, will you please let me sleep?

I promise there is enough of me to go around for both of you.

And y'all that have been here know putting them out of the bedroom isn't option. Howl and scratch central is more of an issue than what I am dealing with as I try to curl up under the covers and sleep. And sleep. And S L E E P.

5 comments:

Cheryl said...

I'm such a light sleeper, the sound of my ex breathing next to me kept me up. A cat sleeping on your neck? You're a better woman than me!

Summer said...

LOL @ Cheryl. I can hear it, "You're breathing dear and it's really annoying me!"

Mo.. I love it when people say, "Just put them out of the bedroom and shut your door." Ha!

Feel better soon.

kimmyk said...

they need to lay off the nip before bed it would appear.

my dogs woke me this morning at 2am howling [because that's what beagles do-they howl] at the neighbors. i coulda beat 'em.

hope you got some sleep....?

Anonymous said...

Aww...HUGS to you Mo! It's such a drag to be sick and to have your babies fighting over you when you just want some zzzzzs!

Mo said...

Thanks for the well wishes everyone.

The girls and I finally worked it out. Rather I should Princess laid the smack down and Jasmine took the hint.

I put myself of bed rest all weekend and did I ever sleep. I feel soooo much better for doing so.

Pete, yes, you read that right, brought me the needed chicken noodle soup, gingerale, and broth.

Everyone pretty much left me alone so I didn't feel guilty for not calling or returning texts.

It is down to to nose stuffiness and a little cough. Those two I can deal with much better than a fever and strep any day of the week.

I am still feeling a bit run down but better nonetheless. Thank goodness this is a short week work wise.