Monday, November 05, 2007

Grandma Said I Suck

Seriously y'all she did. She said I sucked.
She did say, "Excuse me for being rude" prior to saying the words and it was meant as a compliment but honestly, my reaction was "Whaaaat?"
I spent the day with some of my favorite people, T, Ace, Marie, M2, M2's husband, and their daughter yesterday.
First up for the days was a 50 mile drive to pick up T. We went to Poulsbo, one of my favorite places to visit.
Rubber Soul, not the Beatles' sixth album, is food for this girl's soul. It is the place where inspiration can be found at every corner.
Paper, stamps, ink, embellishments, punches...you name it, you can find it there. The staff is always friendly and supportive. The atmosphere welcoming. A little slice of heaven on earth.
So there we are, T and I that is. Browsing. Getting ideas. Deciding on our holiday cards.
Grandma is doing the same with her granddaughter. She notices my handy dandy binder containing all of my stamps, ink colors, stock supply list of powders, glitter, acrylic pant, etc. She asks if she can see it.
"Sure", I say and hand it over to her. She asks if I teach classes or sell my cards and I tell her no.
She proceeds to say I am organized and T tells her yes I am. She makes her way to part of the binder with my ink pads represented and shows her granddaughter I used the same stamp and then typed the description next to them (the same fireworks stamp inked with each of my stamp pad colors).
I said, "Actually that is my handwriting." She looks up from the page protected sheets, turns to T and asks if it is my handwriting. T tells her yes it is.
Grandma then looks at me and tells me I am blessed. I have a gift to be organized and have handwriting like I do and then proceeded to tell me I suck.
If Grandma says it, it must be. I was taught to respect my elders so I'll take her word on it.
From there we headed down to another store to see if I could find a decorative storage box in lieu of the box I still want (and will be getting) from the Container Store. Watch. It will be my luck I go to get it/order it and they won't be carrying it anymore.
Post a quick walk through, we hit up another little slice of heaven on earth, Sluys Bakery. You simply can't go to Poulsbo and not visit the bakery.
We took the purchases down the picnic area and promptly got down to business.
A pumpkin spice donut that was pure perfection.
We did not share the donut. We are greedy like that.
We shared the iced raspberry shortbread cookie and a troll house cookie too.
A few of our pictures from the picnic area looking toward Liberty Bay.
This gentleman was wearing an orange wool sweater and was biking around the boats. Not a bad way to spend a Sunday afternoon in my opinion.
The picture doesn't do the view justice.
Fall goodness. It was definitely brisk and felt like fall.

This was taken on the way back to the car. It exemplifies, to me at least, the Pacific Northwest. Kayaks on the rooftop screams coastal, active life.
After I dropped T off, I met Ace to see Dan in Real Life. The movie starts off a bit slow but once it gets going, it is well worth a trip to the movie theater.
Afterward, Ace and I were hungry so it was time for dinner. We both settled on a nice hunk of dead cow.
He had the chopped steak with a double order of fries.
I had steak and grilled shrimp with mac and cheese and broccoli with the onions from his steak.
Ace finished it off with a chocolate mousse shooter. I had a tiny sample since I had already had my sweet treat with T for lunch and I didn't think the ingredients would agree with my tummy.
Following dinner and dessert, we headed over to M2's to visit and see Ace's Boo and my angel, Marie. She is town for the week.
We caught up, played with M2 and her husband's daughter, and rounded out the evening by watching Desperate Housewives and Brothers and Sisters.
Good times peeps. Good times.

5 comments:

annabkrr said...

How old was grandma? Did she smell like Ben Gay?

How is it in 3 years I never ate at Sluys?

Mo said...

Anna,
LOL. Grandma was probably in her early 60s. She didn't smell like much of anything.

I have no idea how you missed Sluys. There have been times I crave the cheese bread so much I will get in the car and drive over just for that.

Unknown said...

dang. them treats look gooood!

annabkrr said...

I was thinking that you really need to take a picture of that book! I gotta see that.

Anonymous said...

I stinky love your grandma...she's hilarious.