Tuesday, March 25, 2008

The Chosen One

Have you heard about Flat Stanley before?

I remember being in Little Italy partaking in what New York's Little Italy had to offer a few years back and couldn't figure out why someone had a paper cut out of a crayon colored dude slapped up against the wall snapping pictures.

Hey, now that I think about it, this might have been where the thought of Spanky came from.

Anyway, last week I opened my mail to discover my niece decided to send me her class's Flat Stanley for a few weeks.

Talk about pressure! Out of all the peeps she could have chosen, she selected moi.

I know, I know. You might be thinking it would be easy to take pictures of Flat Stanley. I mean look at what I do with Spanky.

I am very touched I was selected because they, they being my family, don't know about Spanky let alone the blog.

A class full of kids isn't going to appreciate pictures of food. And we certainly can't be taking pictures of Flat Stanley in front of adult beverages now can we?

So far the only pictures I have taken are from Saturday. Here he is crossing over a floating bridge.

I really need to step up my game and get cracking. I can't let her down.

I believe a day around Seattle visiting the landmarks is in my near future.

And like a butt head, I failed to take a picture of Flat Stanley by a huge jet being built by Boeing today. Driving past that is not something you're going to see every day but nope, I was so focused on getting to my destination, I failed to pull over on the side of the road.

Y'all have any other ideas for me? Anyone participate in this project for a loved one before?

I'd love to hear your thoughts and ideas so please internets, speak to me! I want to do her proud.

6 comments:

Brad said...

If you take Stan to 4th Ave, about 8 blocks south of The Seattle Center you should be able to get a pretty good shot if you hold him up 'next' to the Space Needle.

Anonymous said...

No ideas about what to shoot, but I love the idea of Flat Stanley! Also, I'm so glad your kitty is on the mend (and so hungry because of the rest of your posts)!

Take care and have a great one!

Cheryl said...

Stanly in Seattle next to a landmark will do the trick. I like Brad's Space Needle idea.

I got your card today. Very cute. Loved the tail! Aren't homemade cards the best?

Mo said...

Great idea Brad. Thanks for the directions!

Liz,
Thank you and right back at ya'.

Cheryl,
I agree. I wish it had made it there on time though.

Unknown said...

Someone call the dogs. She has officially flown over the co-co's nest to the point of no return. Med! Stats! Clear!

fiwa said...

Yes - I have been host to Flat Stanley! The fish market at Pike Place would be a good place, those guys will pose with him.

I also took Flat Stanley to work and posed him at the head of a conference table with some other ladies who were nice enough to sit around the table and play along.