Wednesday, February 13, 2008

Day 2

A good night's sleep does a girl good! I woke up feeling like me again. I slept like a rock. Naw, a boulder. I slept like a boulder.
First up, pictures of Spanky in the snow. It was the manager's idea I was with. Don't you love how the peeps embrace "the toy"? I do.
I have no idea how much snow, in terms of inches or feet he was perched upon, but it was a lot.
Next up? A bit of auditing. Then we got on the road to head to my next destination.

We met up with the next manager I would be spending time with for the next day and a half. A young puppy. 23. For the first time in a long time, I felt old. And realized I have to check the 35 and above box when filling out surveys. Oy!

Anywho, we headed out to breakfast.
While we were eating, the weather outside turned frightful.

We ended up being pounded. Snow, wind, below freezing temps. I am talking a white out peeps.

This is the beginning of it. It only got worse as the day wore on. News reports say 6 plus inches fell in about two hours. Parts of the highway were closed for a bit.

Although I dropped bank on these bad boys, it was worth every single last penny so far. The snow falls right off of 'em. They keep my feet warm and dry. And they have non skid rubber grip soles to boot. Get it to boot? Ha. I crack myself up.

After brunch, and battling for our lives on the roads, we headed back to the office. Another meeting with peeps I had not met. Today lunch was Subway and I am so very thankful for this. I don't think I could have done pizza again. I would have eaten it but I would not have liked it too much.

Following the meeting, it was off to the hotel.

I love this artistic reminder greeting as found in one of the elevators.

Welcome to hotel room #2 for the week.
Here is bed #3 I will sleep in this week. One more to go until I am back to my home bed.
And check out my lovely TV, of which, I'm gonna' go watch some before bed time. But before I sign off for the night, Happy Valentine's Day y'all. May love surround you always.
Peace and Love Peeps.

9 comments:

Brad said...

Look at you in your hot momma boot's !

Scoot over and share the bed I wanna watch the TV.

Stay warm sister and quit torturing Spanky in the snow.

Happy Valentines!

Cindy said...

Idaho. And Utah. That's my final answer.

Summer said...

Happy Valentines Day to you too. I hope you slept like two boulders last night. Stay warm today.

Cheryl said...

Travel food sounds like there's a lot to be desired!

Happy day to you, sister!

Anonymous said...

Happy Valentine's to you, too, Mo!

kimmyk said...

happy valentine's day mo!
love the boots!

and that tv.

annabkrr said...

Happy Valentine's Day. Red thinks Spanky is his toy. LOL

Cheryl said...

Loved the mail! Em loved your writing...looks like an architect's. Your's was my only one. That made it especially special!

Mo said...

Come on over Brad. There was an extra bed waiting for you.

Many thanks to the rest of y'all. I am glad you have stopped by while I have been away.

Isn't technology great? No matter where we go, we can be connected.
Wait, the more I think about that, maybe being connected all the time is not so good.

Cheryl,
Glad you liked the mail. How about that mess up on the address? That was good stuff by me. You should have seen me trying to find white out.