Friday, February 01, 2008

Super Sunday

We have arrived at the end of the vacation in review series. I hope you enjoyed the ride. Sharing the details with you brings it into perspective.

I was beating myself up for not getting everything done but I see now going with the flow was a better choice.

However, I will be MIA until I finish the organizing project this weekend. It is safe to say I most likely won't get the filing cabinet done by the end of the weekend but at least I will be able to reclaim my craft and desk area not to mention part of my living room.


Once I do so, I will be sure to take pictures for you. Hopefully they do it justice. I like what I see already.

With that being said, let me get down to sharing Sunday with you.

First up is reason 506 (random number popping into my head) Ace would make a great partner.

He folds the blankets when done crashing on the couch! Be still my heart. Most people just get up and go. Not him. Folds them nice and neat for me. Makes my girly parts sing.

See he spent the night Saturday night. It was icy, late, and there was no need for him to chance falling asleep on the way home so he crashed in the messy living room on my couch.

We met M2 and family to celebrate her birthday at Outback on their side of the sound.

You may find this shocking but I did not have a steak. Nor did he. I had


I love me some shrooms, grilled shrimp, and a small baked tater.

I needed to leave room for Sunday dinner. We had yet another birthday to celebrate in mere hours.

But before that, I ran by the mall to pick up some chai tea mix and scored a couple of University of Texas T-shirts and a rocking sweatshirt. All on sale. All representing Texas/Horns.

From there I met up with T and family at their new place. We ran a quick errand before we headed over for some good ole fashioned Sunday dinner cooking and company.

On the menu?


Do you see that home cooked country fried steak, mashed taters, corn, and biscuits? Oh, and don't let your eyes pass by the turtle pie without a "mmmmmm, mmmmmm good" escaping from your lips. Oh yea, gravy! Gravy is good.

It was T's uncle's bday. Her mom made the country fried steak, homemade biscuits, and corn. I belive her aunt and uncle did the taters. T made the pie.

Good times y'all. Good times.

Now on to the current week and weekend plans. It was a pretty tame week. Lots of work. Got my hair cut and colored. Did Thursday night happy hour.

Now I will be shutting myself off from pretty much everything until I get my stuff done.

I do have a late lunch planned with a friend Saturday afternoon, going to see Melissa perform with Kyla Saturday night, picking Ace up from the airport Sunday, and of course it is the Superbowl on Sunday.

I'll be back for the weekly challenge Sunday night. Until then, take care of you and yours. Make it a good one.

Peace and Love Peeps.

8 comments:

Brad said...

dam woman - 'shrooms & shrimp' - your a woman after my own heart.

Unknown said...

Ace is such a good man;) You're making me hungry looking at those yummyliciuos food pictures.

Summer said...

I love this Ace guy. He could rent himself out as a best friend. He'd make millions!

I couldn't see the pictures.
I LOVE country fried steak.
Biscuits.
Gravy.
I should just tape it to my thighs and get it over with.
Ha!

annabkrr said...

Now I'm freakin' starving!!!!!

Anonymous said...

I'm going to have to quit coming here when I'm all hungry Mo...geeeez.

I love me some mashed taters.

Still, I thought it was a cardinal sin to not have a steak when visiting Outback?

Aren't you ashamed?

Anonymous said...

Okay, so now I'm so hungry!

Cheryl said...

Enjoy the rest of your weekend. Don't work too hard finishing your project. It will get done. What's on the Superbowl menu? I heard the average person consumes 4000 calories (more than Thanksgiving) while watching the game!

Mo said...

Y'all are cracking me up.

Slick, As much as we eat steak, I figured it would be ok not to at least once. Mo feels no shame!

Cheryl, On the superbowl menu is salmon burgers with no bun, tea, and organizing during the game.

That is a lot of calories but you know what? I can completely see how it could happen.