Saturday, February 09, 2008

In Review

You know I had a good day Thursday. Friday was more of the same.
Before I go further, I thought I would show you a picture of one of the new earrings. Looking back on the purchase of my headset, maybe I should have looked for one in black.
The gold and the silver contrast is, well, um not to my liking. But I went with the recomendation of my sales associate and another shopper. They said it was the best one and I would not be let down. So far, in terms of quality, I have not.

And for the love of all that is good and right in the world, can a girl get some more sleep so she doesn't have bags and puffiness under her eyes?

My uniterrupted lunch Thursday was at our local favorite Mongolian Grill. Lunch was with my friend and co-worker diva.She doesn't think carrying Spanky around and being shameless when taking pictures of him is normal. She says a grown woman doesn't need to play with toys. I say *pfft*.

One of these days I am sure she will begin to understand and if she doesn't, this is ok too. I march to the beat of my own drum and being "normal" isn't something I have to be. Who decides what is "normal" anyway?

Do ya' even need to ask about Thursday night? We had quite the turn out this particular Thursday. 15 peeps. Some new folks joined us. I was a little bit sad none of my girls could make it but as you just read, I wasn't alone. Not by any means.

Friday was a normal work day. After work I went to have my brows waxed and tinted. Upon my arrival to the salon, I was promptly greeted by . Her name is Lady. Isn't she adorable? She belongs to the owners of the salon and goes in to work pretty much every day.

When I go in, I get down and dirty with her. I sit on the floor. I lay on the floor. I give her lovings and she gives 'em back. We're tight like that. In the spirit of me being me, I don't care if anyone thinks it is weird I am on the floor with a black lab in a salon entrance.

Dinner soon followed.

*Disclaimer: Look away if you don't like fish*

Channy and I went for sushi. California rolls are a favorite of mine.

After we snarfed on the sushi, we headed over to the mall to wait for Maricel and Veronika to finish with their clients.
It was movie night for us. They wanted to see 27 Dresses, so I saw it again. Funny the second time around too.
If you ever wondered who makes my skin purty and tames my brows, now you have a face with a name. It is none other than Veronika. I *heart* her. She is the blonde in the white coat.
I guess for some it might not be "normal" I am friends with the people who keep me looking like me. Hairstylist, check (Kyla). Massage therapist, check (Maricel). Aesthetician, check (Veronika).
*Updated at 8:45 PM*
Today I joined tons of my fellow citizens and voted in the caucus. I had no idea the turn out would be as great as it was. At least 400 of us were squished in a warm local middle school's lunch room.
It took me five minutes just to find a place to park. I was late for the instructions but arrived in time to place my vote and participate in my precinct's debates on the candidates.
It was my first caucus but it won't be my last. Our primary is on the 19th and my vote has already been mailed in.
This afternoon was a tad bittersweet. Taking part in the local political process and voting was something I did with my Mom on a regular basis. I know she was with me today as I embarked upon this endeavor.
After the caucus, I finished running errands. Good times.
Tonight? I will be spending the night in. Just me and my laundry. Oh yea, that is me. Such the party animal.
I hope you and yours have something much more fun and exciting planned.
Peace and Love Peeps.

2 comments:

Summer said...

I love the way Lady is smiling at you. She looks so human!

What is the task for the week? Please don't tell me to run the vacuum. Ha!

Enjoy your week.

Unknown said...

dude- so funny- sounded like you were writing about my last few days. Thursday night out, Friday night sushi, Saturday night in.

You know what they say about "Great minds"...