Sunday, February 17, 2008

A Rant


Does this sign need further explanation?
Is it not the universal sign for no smoking?
I don't care if you smoke in your home. In your car.
See, the key words there are "in your".
When you stay in a hotel and the door is clearly marked a non smoking room and there are signs at every corner practically stating you are in a non smoking room, get the hint.
Don't smoke in the room!
It is just plain rude if you do. The non smoker coming in behind you does not appreciate it and certainly does not want to smell your stank ass smoke stench.
Can y'all guess what might have happened to me this fine evening?
If you are thinking I checked in, started to unpack, left for dinner, came back, promptly jumped into the shower, and after getting all nice and clean realized my room stank, you would be right.
I called down to the front desk and asked if there was a smoking room directly below me. After being told no I asked for a room switch. They obliged.
Thank goodness because I was in no mood and didn't want to have to push someone out of their room; my diamond status would have allowed me to do so.
So for those of you who smoke, please don't smoke in the non smoking room.
This is all for now. Peace and Love Peeps.

6 comments:

Monica said...

Ewww...big pet peeve! I have a seriously sensitive nose; I think I'm part bloodhound.

kimmyk said...

i hate that smell. especially in a hotel room. we've had that happen to us before.

glad to hear they obliged and moved you. bummer you just unpacked though.

Mo said...

Monica,
You and me both sister!

Kim,
Wanna' know what made it worse? Treking down the hall in my PJs, slippers, and wet hair to move rooms. *Pffft*

Cheryl said...

I once smoked a clove cigarette in a hospital hallway bathroom. What was I thinking? It stunk up the place. That was before no smoking, but still. I've been smoke free for almost 16 years. I consider it (quitting) one of my greatest accomplishments.

Unknown said...

Who's the angry lady?!

Mo said...

You would have been too!