Wednesday, February 06, 2008

Spanky Went Shopping

Monday afternoon Maricel and I went shopping.
She was on the hunt for a pair of black slacks, as was I. I also needed to get a pair of low heeled boots for the upcoming trips.
We were successful in our searches. Thank goodness is all I have to say. I needed to find them so my tailor would have time to alter and hem five pairs of slacks by Saturday.
I *heart* my tailor. She makes my clothes fit. See, I have junk in the trunk and I must buy pants to accommodate the bootay, which makes the waist too big. I am 5'4 so the petite length works for flats but not so much when I am wearing heels. So whenever I purchase slacks, jeans, or a skirt she is the next stop I make.
For your viewing pleasure, I present Spanky to you...
Here he is chilling by the earrings in Express.
Maricel and I both picked some up. How could we not with a buy one, get one half off deal and a coupon to boot?
We both got the same pair of gold ones and were wearing them the next day. Great minds think alike.

She also got a pair of dangling silver ones that are smokin'. In addition to the gold pair, I also selected a pair of cz studs, another gold medallion type, and a meshy silver pair.

You'd have to see them to understand. They look much better than how I just made them sound.

She got her slacks here and off to Penney's we went for me. I pulled mass amounts off the racks and off to the fitting room we went. I scored five pairs for less than $142.00, which is great considering the cost of alterations and the bank I laid down here.

Yes y'all. Spanky went to Nordstrom's shoe department. I was totally digging on the red patent peep heels but after buying the weatherproof, stacked low heel, black patent ankle boots, there was no room in the budget for another pair of red patent heels.

We made a side stop at the office before heading back to her place for a glass of freshly made juice and other activities. I also got to play with my nephews, which is always good for the soul.
The part that cracks me up the most, that I don't think the picture does justice for, is the toy is almost the same size as Rusty. In this pose, the feet were covering his eyes and in addition to playing fetch, he treated me to a little bit of peek-a-boo.

I took Maricel's advice, or rather the smack she laid down, and took the rest of the evening off once I got home. I curled up with the kitties, a mug of decaf vanilla chai tea, and .
Asleep by 10:30. Ahh, the good things in life...

4 comments:

Cheryl said...

I love the fact that you take Spanky out and pose him for the pics. Are you kind of sneaky about it, or shameless?

I have no back. Nothing to fill the pants. I was born into a flat-butted family. My bathing suit bottoms are saggy. I look at back with envy :)

Mo said...

Oh Cheryl, I am shameless. It can be a great conversation starter too.

I look at less butt with envy. Ah, the grass looks greener on the other side doesn't it?

Unknown said...

Fun times:)

Summer said...

I love red shoes, especially those.