Tuesday, February 12, 2008

From the Road

So far, only one state has been named correctly. Keep those guesses coming!
First off, I am butt ass tired. Butt. Ass. Tired.
Hmmmm, do you think it might be because I only got about one hour of sleep last night and another hour or so on the plane?
Now you might be wondering how that happened. After Maricel came over for kitty care (thanks for taking care of the babies!) and joining me while I ate dinner, I went to the office to wrap up a few things. Those few things ended up taking three times as long as I anticipated.
Then, since it had been quite a while since the last road trip, I had to replenish the suitcase essentials. My handy dandy travel list bit the dust when the dinosaur pc died.
So, I spent time I had not planned on spending, stocking the essentials, re-creating the list, and digging through a mound of clean clothes to pack.
Since my flight departed nice and early, I had to be up nice and early. Funny how that works huh? I was afraid I wasn't going to make it but the travel gods were on my side this morning. Not only did I make it, I breezed through security, and ended up with time to spare.
Spanky and I were treated to a seat all our own. and a gorgeous sun rise from the air.

The clouds remind me of waves at the beach and/or cotton balls.

You know what else I love about early morning flights? Most everyone traveling is a business traveler too. We know the drill. We all have that weary look on our faces, are carrying a briefcase, an overnight bag, and more often than not, we are wearing something with our company logo.

This is how I spent the first leg of the trip. Reading the Wall Street Journal and chillin' with the iPod.

After a plane change, and upon arriving at my final destination, I desparately needed a double shot espresso before the day could really get going. Energy is good when dealing with people I have not met before. Who likes to listen to a blah speaker when you can have energy, laughs, interaction, etc.?
The espresso defintely did the trick.

Lunch and dinner consisted of Pizza Hut.

I have a feeling tomorrow's lunch may be more of the same.

I declined dinner to check in, take a shower, get in my pjs and . Once I kicked up my heels in the hotel recliner and started to blog, my eyes decided they want to close. To get some sleep.

I'm gonna' go take my vitamins and crawl into bed.

Peace and Love Peeps. See ya'.

5 comments:

Brad said...

Babe - Don't stress yourself and then get into those big aluminum germ tubes - you'l catch someones crap - Take it easy and try and have some fun.

BC

Unknown said...

Lovin' those slippers! Sleep well.

UT and AK?

Cindy said...

I'm exhausted just reading this! I amazed by those of you who make a living talking to people you don't know. If that were up to me, the economy would be in serious trouble! I'm better hiding in my office, clacking away on the keys and letting voicemail pick up my calls.

Grab some rest and take care of yourself!

That other state: It's got to be Utah. And I'll say Montana.

Cheryl said...

You are the busy bee. I like that you bring a bit of home with you (slippers) and still keep up with the blog. You do know how to travel.

Mo said...

Thanks Brad. I'm one of those people who has fun pretty much wherever I go. Stress? Now that is a reality in my life of which I work very hard at dealing with.

JP, Good guess but I can't reveal if you are correct yet. As for the slipper socks, they rock!

Cindy, Thanks! Good guess too but still can't say until Friday. Voicemail is a wonderful invention.

Cheryl, That is the one good thing about being on the road. I have learned the art of packing and how to live on the go. I'd get a bit depressed if I didn't bring comforts of home with me.

The best of these slipper socks? They take up no room in the suitcase and protect my feet from the germies on hotel room floors.