Sunday, February 10, 2008

Weekly Challenge #19

This week's challenge is to shred, shred, shred!

I'm thinking somewhere in your home or office space you have a piece of paper, or many, waiting for you to send it off to shredder land.

I know I did and honestly, still do.

I have spent the last hour or so shredding old bills from 2000 and going forward that honestly I know I do not need but for some reason I had been holding on to.

I am sure I had good intentions at some point or another but do I really need a phone bill from a residence I have not lived in for 4 years?

I'm thinking NO.

Check this out for recommendations on document retention guidelines.

Happy shredding y'all.

4 comments:

Cheryl said...

I finally, last year, cleared out all the documents I'd been hoarding way past their prime. I don't own a shredder, but gave my father enough 'trash' to give his machine a workout. Great link, Mo.

kimmyk said...

we bought a shredder last year-best thing we could have done since we had identity theft happen to us.

good idea. and thanks for the link...

have a great week mo!

p.s.
thanks for the text. love you.

Monica said...

OMG--I can't believe you posted this. Guess what I spent my afternoon doing? Yep...shredding and filing. So weird that I do that and you post about it...

Mo said...

Glad y'all like the link. I did a Google search for record retention and this was one of the suggestions. It has great tips out there huh?

Kim,
You are welcome. I love you too and meant every word of both texts I sent.

Monica,
Great minds think alike!