Monday, June 02, 2008

This Morning

This morning started entirely too early.

Like 3: 15 AM early.

No need to rub your eyes and look twice. You read that correctly. 3:15 AM!

I would love to say it has everything to do with being woken up by one of the love kitties but sadly, this is not the case.

Sadly is the correct choice of words as both of the babies have been at the vet's office since Saturday afternoon.

Leaving home before the butt crack of dawn on a Monday morning, with no other real option to get them to the vet before I departed, I have determined makes me sad.

I know you know I love my babies but can I just tell you how lonely it was coming home Saturday afternoon, all day Sunday, and waking this morning without them?

So. Very. Sad.

Know what else is sad but in an entirely different form of sad?

People who have no business being in the expert traveler line being in it at 4:45 AM.

** WARNING ** This is where y'all get to experience my frustration.

If you don't know the drill, get out of the line! Shoes, belts, and jackets off. Computers out of the bag. Liquids, in containers no bigger than 3 oz, in a quart size ziploc bag in the bin. No drinks through the line. Boarding pass out, id put away.

Might I suggest you put your other electronics, such as iPod, cell phone, camera, etc., in a ziploc bag too?

Doing the above makes it that much easier for all of us.

I think it is pretty much safe to say I am feeling like Famous Dave's BBQ sauce so far today.

Sweet and Zesty. Yep, that's me. I think I'm gonna' roll with this as long as I can.

That weekly challenge I put out there yesterday was large and in charge as I felt my frustration growing in the TSA line. I kept telling myself, "Love these people. Let it go. In the grand scheme of things, it is not that big of a deal."

Yeah, yeah. Whatever.

Then just as I was getting irritated even more, from behind me I hear, "I just farted."

I could not help but laugh a little bit inside. Don't you just love the innocence of children?

And the best part of the day so far? Seeing a flashback from back in the day. Seriously. A woman with a teased up to here beehive and her man totally sporting the Fu Manchu long hair and mustache.

I wish I could have gotten my camera out fast enough to snap the picture so you could have experienced it too.

Now that you have enjoyed part of the morning with me, I need to finish my eggs, shut down my laptop, hit up the bathroom, and get ready to board the second flight of the day.

Happy Monday; Peace and Love Peeps.

4 comments:

fiwa said...

What I find most irritating is that they're going to start charging you to check your bag, which means even MORE people are going to be trying to carry them on the plane. It's hard enough as it is to find space.

I'm glad the universe sent you something to laugh about while you were in line. :)

Safe travels -
fiwa

Anonymous said...

You saw my parents at the airport? And this is why you should always have a pocket camera on hand....

Brad said...

The wind is on it's way dear - say hi to my I-da-ho's

Hope your home and safe soon love - how are the kitty's ?

Mo said...

Fiwa, Please don't even get me started on the bag charge.

Teener, I agree but I'm thinking unless your momma is african american and your daddy is asian, it wasn't them. LOL

Brad, Keep it over there. I don't want it over here. You know the rain here is big drop rain. I don't need no stinkin' wind to boot.

I called the vet's office today and was told they are both doing very well. Thanks for asking.