Friday, May 25, 2007

Making the Most of It

I bet you can figure out how we spent the day yesterday.

After a few more hours of working, I crawled into bed, had just fallen asleep when I was woken up by Pete. He came in all stealth like and I am glad he did otherwise I would have wasted the day away sleeping.

We tossed around a few ideas and decide to run to the store to pick up some food to bbq later and then head to the pool to be lizards in the sun.

Wouldn't you know the cabana and pool were closed as they were doing work to get ready for this weekend and kick off to the summer?

So we loaded up the car and headed over to the lake and beach area about four minutes from my place.

It made up for the last few days of mad number crunching.

We lounged. We listened to tunes. We drank some goose. We talked. We read. We giggled. In a word, we chilled.

About four hours later we decided to head over to the local ale house for Thursday night happy hour. All the usual peeps, and then some, were there. Everyone had either been at the beach, on a boat or in their backyard so the laughs and carefreeness of summer is definitely upon us.

We never did get around to bbq'ing. I think I am supposed to pack the chicken and ears of corn and head to Pete's tonight.

We'll see as it supposed to be another fan-fabulous day here today.

So, with that being said, I am off like a dirty shirt. The sooner I get to the office, the sooner I can come out and play again.

Peace and Love Peeps.

Oh and T, the sunburn he mentioned on the phone turned golden brown by this morning...just like I knew it would. He and Kyla got along last night. Must have been the liquids they both consumed making them play nice huh?

And everyone else, in case you are wondering, I did "lock" the fur babies out of the bedroom last night. Princess snuck in and slept in the chair but she's the quiet one so no worries there. {insert drumroll} He slept in the bed.

2 comments:

Webmiztris said...

sounds like a nice day! the pic of the drinks of there make me want to get started early. damn you! ;)

Mo said...

Dawn, I'm a bad influence like that. ;)

Kimmy, If you call ending up on my side of the bed upside down sleeping on the bed...For that I should have gotten some pleasure. Ha!