Monday, May 07, 2007

Monday Madness and Happiness




Images from my life helping to keep me calm and centered in the midst of the chaos.

Chaos created from my hands. Madness I could have avoided.

If only I had been on top of my game.

What's wrong with me lately? I used to be so on top of everything. I used to be able to juggle it all.

Lately I've been struggling. I'd rather huddle in bed than face it all.

What is the universe trying to tell me? Do I need to shut everything out for a few days to get back on track?

Animals hibernate and re-enter the world refreshed and ready to take on the world. To face the everyday mundane and the everyday challenges.

Maybe that is what I need.

The only problem is I can't do that. Not right now at least.

There is work to be done. A road trip to take. Deadlines to meet.

This weekend is the first time I will be able to do so. It's probably just what I will need, all things considered.

Do you know what I mean?

It's Mother's Day. 'Nuf said.

In case you are wondering, the above pics are

  • A sailboat at Point Defiance Sunday, 04/29/07. We were going to take the girls to the zoo but there was no parking (we tried for 20 minutes)s o we decided to wing it and go to the waterfront instead.
  • Tulips from the man just because last week. It's tulip season here. They are one of my favorite flowers and keeping with the frugalness, you can get them uber cheap up here right now.
  • One of the girl's feet on the beach. I love the simplicity of the shot and the joy on all of our faces that beautiful spring afternoon.

Before I forget, HAPPY BIRTHDAY JP!

Gotta' run peeps. I have a bag to pack, a rental car to pick up, materials to put together, run to the dry cleaners, make sure bills are paid...yadda yadda.

Peace and Love.








2 comments:

kimmyk said...

Great flowers!
I love me some tulips. Purple and yellow are my favorites!

I love her little toesies...that one needs a frame!

Sometimes the best days are the un-planned days, don'tcha think?

Mo said...

My favorites are the white ones. I dig on the pink ones too. I think they are all so very pretty.

I agree the toes need a frame. It looked good in color but I really, really, really like it in black and white.

When I showed it to the man last night he was like wow, how cool and I would have never thought to take a picture like that.

Guess that is what makes crafty, photographing, life artists like us tick.

And I agree the unplanned days can be the best. I should have more of those.