Monday, May 21, 2007

My Needs


I realize I have needs.

I am not afraid to voice them.

I am not too shy to tell what I want and need.

I promised myself I would never again self sacrifice for the sake of keeping the peace.

Last Friday, after I greeted Pete with a whopper of a hello honey kiss, which turned into a quick make out session {insert yum here}, I proceeded to lay my head in his lap while he finished watching the Poker tournie show, we engaged in a conversation like this:

Me: "Next week is going to be a bad one for me. I can already tell with the inventory numbers I looked at today. It's going to be long and intense. "

Him: "Figures. Right before quarter close."

Me: "So I'm just saying now I am going to need it at least twice next week. Do you think you can accomodate?"

Him: Snicker. "Why would you say it like that?"

Me: "I'm not sure what your week is going to be like and considering this week (it was super busy for us both and it was my cycle week), I just wanted to get it out there, to make sure you knew, and um could plan for it."

Him: "You're such a minx, a dirty little whore."

Me: "But I'm your dirty little whore."

Him: "Thank goodness."

And then he kissed me.

Now you know what I will be doing at least part of this week.


Oh and just for the record, I'm down with quickies, with a nooner as much as a tender moment kind of loving.



2 comments:

Webmiztris said...

you don't beat around the bush, do ya? (no pun intended) ;)

Mo said...

LOL. That's me...no beating. Unless someone asks nicely.