Monday, August 18, 2008

Kitty Updates

Thanks for asking about my babies y'all.

Princess

Jasmine

All in all they are doing well and being as active as the heat will allow them to be.

You know from the last few posts Jasmine has been waking me up in the middle of the night. She has not done this in a very long time and boy howdy, I wish she'd stop. Soon.

Used to be she would jump on the step stool by the bed, come sit by me, howl, and paw me to heart's content. These days she sits on the floor between the bed and bookshelf, stares at me, yells, waits until I pick her up, put her on the bed, love on her, and then she proceeds to sit on the pillow above my head and let her yells fall directly in my ear. In the wee freaking hours of the morning.

She's back to losing weight. I hope it is simply because it has been too hot and not symptomatic of something else. Even with her appetite stimulant pill she is not eating that much.

The running joke, although it really is not funny, is she is anorexic and her sister Princess is bulimic.

Why would I say this? Princess too is losing weight. She'll eat and then go find somewhere to throw up very soon thereafter. It's not pleasant to watch and speaking of watching, I'm constantly on the lookout for the next "landmine".

Even with all that going on they are both relatively playful and active. Princess more so than Jasmine. And Princess has taken to her Superfly Snuka "I'm gonna kick your butt until you shut up" routine lately too.

And um yes, I encourage this because she is doing it out of love and she lays just enough smack down for Jasmine to know she should stop the incessant meowing.

If they don't start eating more and holding the food in upon the arrival of the cooler temps, guess who is going to go back to the vet's office for checkups?

If you're inclined to do so, will you put the vibes out there and say a kitty prayer this won't be needed? Please and thank you.

For now, lunch break is over and back to the Monday grind I go.

Peace and Love Peeps.

6 comments:

Brad said...

Bear, Miss Lilly and I send good thoughts and we'll cross our paws that all is well!

Unknown said...

very cute pics of your babies:)

Unknown said...

Meow!

Cheryl said...

I do send good thoughts to all three of you. To good health for the kitties. Can you imagine having to take appetite stimulant pills? What a concept! I know they need to eat and gain weight and I hope they do. and you with getting woken up every night? I can't imagine, but what can you do? Probably no way around it. I hope tonight is a quiet one in your house!

kimmyk said...

sending kitty prayers!!!

maybe jasmine just wants some catnip? ha! that's what she needs..get her nice and stoned and she'll sleep like a baby.

not that i condone getting babies stoned. just makin that clear.

fiwa said...

Poor kitties. I hope they perk up now that the heat is off.

Sending kitty prayers and Mo prayers too.

love 'n stuff -
fiwa