Monday, September 03, 2007

By Request

I hope I don't disappoint ya' with what I did with one of the 3R's envelope.

I feel a tiny bit of pressure to execute some great works of art for your viewing pleasure. This is all I have to show today

Nothing fancy. I feel good about using the envelope instead of a new piece of paper to make note of my monthly basic expenses.

All I did was, as you know, painted the envelope. Once dry, I wrote in pencil (I always write either in pencil or with a sharpie unless I am signing a receipt) the expected cash flow items for September. I stamped an acorn and ran the ink pad around the edges of the envelope. Then I decided it needed to be what we call anchored in the scrapping world so I outlined the envelope.

Viola. Less than five minutes and I was done.

In case you are wondering about the other items captured in the picture on the cork board, which hangs in the kitchen, they are all from scraps with exception to the make way for the princess item.

I couldn't resist picking it up one day in honor of



my very own Princess.

The cork board hangs above "her" food and water. And boy howdy if you know her in real life, you better make way for her. Although, the only time she will "allow" you to love on her is when she is eating so I thought the card was fitting.

The Be Fabulous strip was cut out from a magazine. Right above it hangs a comic. The other items are from my stash of stamps and ink on scraps left over from other projects.

Some might also be wondering I would go to the trouble of creating a cash flow list when I have a pda I can't live without, a wall calendar, and the bills are kept in order of due date on my desk in a holder.

The reason is simple. I like to have those dates and amounts captured in one spot. Overkill maybe but it works for me.

And speaking of working for me...I have some things I need to finish up before the work week gets here. Road warrior is back in effect tomorrow and for the next couple of weeks to come.

Hope y'all have a great day.

Peace and Love Peeps.

5 comments:

kimmyk said...

Very cool corkboard items!
I love how crafty you are...we put a corkboard on our computer desk [right over there to my left] it holds my stamps and push pins. i dont like stuff on it cause people who sit down [namely kids and their friends] read stuff and well, i dont want everyone looking at my bills. I had a picture of me and a drag queen all doodled up on there and geez louise i had to explain that one like everyday. got tired of it and took it down.

Enjoy your free day today. I've spent it on the couch watching LAW AND ORDER SVU marathon and now I'm about to go cook on the grill.

Unknown said...
This comment has been removed by the author.
Mo said...

Thanks Kimmy. Just a few items to surround myself and remind me to play and to not take life too seriously. There are a few other things on there not pictured. If you want a full view, I’ll take a picture for you.

I love me some scraps!

I am hesitant about everyone looking at my bills too but the folks in my kitchen are family by choice so I feel comfortable having it out in the open.

I would love to see your drag queen picture. Send it on over woman!

My free day? Spent doing the last minute laundry I should have done earlier in the weekend and sending out birthday happy hour invite texts and zoo invite texts plus re-organizing my bedroom closet, talking with Ace, and getting stuff ready for the trip this week.

Aargh! Why do I wait until the last minute to do stuff?

Webmiztris said...

kitty does not look happy....LOL!

Mo said...

Kitty was startled. She didn't like being woken up so momma could take her picture.