Thursday, July 06, 2006

15%

15%. Let's ponder this for a moment shall we?

In my work world, this can be a great thing or a not so great thing. In my personal world too for that matter.

15% doesn't seem like a lot when you are talking about a discount. It can seem like a lot when you are talking about a tip.

It's just a number right? Nothing but a percentage thang.

Well, today the doctor tells me I'm in the 15% percent of the population that can't have Lasik.

I am not a good candidate. My right eye was ready to rock and roll. My left will now be known as buzz kill. My cornea is too thin, it's too steep. It's hereditary. There is nothing I can do about it.

At least I finally know I can't have it done. There is some comfort in knowing but to be honest, 15% seems a whole lot bigger than not right now.

Y'all always knew I was special right? Now it's confirmed. I'm in the 15%.

3 comments:

annabkrr said...

Oh, I sorry. :(

I dream of that myself but have never really looked into having it done.

What about contacts, or are you just sick of the whole blind as a bat thing? Goodness knows I am!!

Glad to see your posting pics now, btw!! Told ya you'd get the hang of this thing!

kimmyk said...

Bummer M.....

Sorry to hear you can't have lasik. Is it the glasses you dont like ? Maybe try contact lenses?

Mo said...

Thanks Ladies.

Anna,
I am sick of the same thing as you are.

Kimmy and Anna,
I've been wearing glasses since I was 7. I started wearing contacts when I was 12. I stopped wearing contacts about 4 years ago when I started traveling a lot, working the 15+ hour days, and when I was told I needed to let my eyes have a break before I could find out if I was a candidate for Lasik.

Well, since we now know Lasik isn't an option, I'm going to get back into contacts and continue to wear my glasses too.