Tuesday, July 11, 2006

The Grind

Back at work. Taking a week off puts this girl behind. Way behind.

I needed the time off. The work fairy didn’t come along and take care of stuff while I was gone. The work fairy added to my plate. The plate is so full I am stuffed.

I shouldn’t complain. I love my job and having lots of work means nothing but good things. I made peace with not seeing the bottom of my in basket a long time ago. It would just be a lot easier to handle if I wasn’t about to start traveling again.

Ahh, such is the life of Mo on the go.

You know what was the hardest yesterday? It wasn’t getting up at the butt crack of dawn. I thought it would be after days of sleeping in and staying up late. I am convinced the older one gets the earlier we are to rise.

The hardest part of it all was getting back in work clothes. When I put on my slacks, heels, and button down yesterday all I wanted to do was get back in a pair of flip flops and a summer dress.

Oh and let’s not forget about all the men saying what happened to your lip. Can you be any more insensitive? Look away. Don’t comment. I’m already self conscious. The herpes is embarrassing. I don’t appreciate you bringing it to my attention. Shame on you.

The fur babies had a rough day yesterday too. Two hairballs, one upchuck, and the Hansel and Gretel turd trail is enough to let me know they wanted me to still be on vacation and at home too.

Babies, mommy is sorry. She had to go back to work and make a living so you can continue to have a roof over your head, food in your bowl, and the endless supply of kitty cat crack.

On a different note, JP, M2, and Anna – you all have mail coming your way. I hope you enjoy.

JP and T, I have started reading our book club choice. I love it so far. I’m on chapter 10 and had to force myself to only read for 30 minutes last night. Good choice!

For now, I must get back to the grind. Peace peeps.

2 comments:

kimmyk said...

Don'tcha just wish you'd hit the lottery so you could stay at home??? Yeah me too.

Tomorrow the week will be half over.....that's a saving grace.

Mo said...

Yes! I totally agree.

Hump day is the best but in this case, it means more work to do before next week and less time to do it in. Grrr...