Sunday, July 30, 2006

Road Warrior Part 1



First, a big shout out to Qwest operator Brandy with badge 25D. She hooked me back up to the internet. Somehow, while I was gallivanting across Southern Oregon and Eastern Washington, I lost my connection.

I was sad without my connection. I’ve become dependent on my connection. How did we ever live without the internet before?

Let’s catch up shall we?

I headed down to what we call Southern Oregon Monday night. I hit Salem, Eugene, Roseburg, and Medford Tuesday and Wednesday. Drove a lovely 884 miles in about 2.5 days.

Rocked out to some serious tunes with my newest manager. Laughed. Had in depth conversations. Discovered Sonic in Medford. Chowed on Texas style food in Roseburg. Rolled out a new tool that should help my boys be even more successful.

Good times.

In case you ever wanted to know, the essentials for a road trip with Mo are tunes (anything from 80’s to now), peppered jerky, trail mix, water, Amp, cruise control, and smiles. Oh, and the cell phone of course.

I have to have music. I have funky tastes. I admit it. As if you didn't already know, I'm freaky like that. By the way, thanks JP for confirming this the other night.

So on this leg of the trip, we listened to do everything from Gnarls Barkley, to the PCD, to KT Tunstall, to Fall Out Boy, to Nickelback, to Lynyrd Skynyrd, to Def Leppard, to Tone Loc, to New Order, to James Blunt, to Vanilla Ice, to Kenny Chesney, to Ciara, to Depeche Mode, to U2, to a retro mix.

Name it. I most likely listen to it. I sing along to it. I may be off key but I can belt out some tunes.

I'm the girl you pass by on the street rocking out in her car. I'm the girl you look at sideways in the airport because I'm air drumming and grooving in my seat.

Dig it?



It was effing hot! This is Medford when we we were heading back.



Arriving in town to find this made the heat worthwhile. A little piece of home. That's my Route 44 cherry limeaid, small cheeseburger with jalepenos, and tots. Heart attack waiting to happen but I had to!



M2 my sister says they are finally making their way up here.

So, that's the first leg of the trip. Bet you can't wait for more huh?

1 comment:

Mo said...

I am so happy to see you!

Ok, so when I come down you get the orange cream slush and I get the cherry limeaid. Deal?