Sunday, July 09, 2006

Summer

The company picnic at Wild Waves yesterday was fun! Weather was perfect. Very nice to see people with their families and friends, relaxed, enjoying the day.

A few snapshots for your viewing pleasure.




If you think I let people I work with see me in a bikini or a bathing suit period, call yourself crazy. I was the one wearing the white, gauzy summer dress, flip flops, cowboy hat, a smile, and the sunscreen.



Greedy little bottomfeeding fish. Poor duckies couldn't compete. These fish were so greedy some were flinging themselves out of the water to get a kernel of doggie kibble you could purchase to feed 'em with. I'd never seen anything quite like this before. Honestly, it was freaking me out a little bit.


After I went to Barnes and Noble Friday, I realized I may have a problem (I like books...a lot) and that I'm almost completely set for the summer reading.


Not Pictured: Beach Road and The Power of Intention

Remember those summer reading programs the local library would sponsor? I was one of those nerds who breezed through the list in no time at all. Were you?

Reading is one of my absolute favorite things to do. My girl JP has the right idea to start a book club among friends. It's going to be great. It's a throwback to those summer reading programs. I'm really looking forward it, to maintaining friendships and hopefully, forging new ones too.

On the agenda today? Finish up laundry, make a few cards, and hopefully get some more reading in for the day before the grind of work re-enters my life. Oh and continue to treat the herpes. It's almost all gone but part of it is hanging on. I am sure the sun and heat yesterday didn't help it too much. Damn shame too because it is supposed to be 82 with lots of sun around here today.

What's that? Is that the beach calling my name? Why yes I think it is. Maybe the agenda other than reading will have to wait...

No comments: