Thursday, July 13, 2006

Crapola

I arrive home tonight to find a notice from the property manager on my door. Seems as if they have decided at the last minute to re-coat my building's decks over the weekend.

Don't get me wrong. My deck could use some re-coating. But um, I have to move all my crap indoors for the entire weekend?

I get the note after 10:30 PM this evening and have until 8:00 AM tomorrow to move my bbq grill, statue, table, chairs, umbrella, umbrella stand, and ice chest in my little bitty apartment? Well, actually I have until 6:45 AM since I need to be at the office by 7:00 AM.

Can we say crapola? I say crapola.

The weather is supposed to be nice this weekend and y'all know how much I like being on my deck. Not to mention, I am supposed to have visitors this weekend and honestly, nothing beats sitting outside on a sunny warm day with the ice chest full of cold drinks.

Plus, love kitty is all out of sorts this week. This is going to send her over the edge I am sure. She's already been experiencing an outbreak, a little difficulty in the bathroom, has been extra needy and more vocal than usual.

The note says to be patient. Weather permitting I should only be inconvenienced for 48 hours but my deck will look great afterwards.

They better be speaking the truth or I'm going to be irritated.

3 comments:

Mama E said...

It'll be worth it! I'll just cross my fingers the rain doesn't move in and... erm... delay the process. :) Nice reading up on things with you- I miss ya!

kimmyk said...

that's sucky...but yet nice that you'll have a spankin fresh new patio.

but i agree...crapola.

annabkrr said...

I'd be sayin' worse than crapola woman! Reminds me of the time at Bangor when one of our neighbors had roaches and the entire unit from 10-14 had to empty everything out of EVERYWHERE to get sprayed. Talk about a pain in the ass. Of course, I was 6 months pregnant and the ship was gone....