Friday, July 14, 2006

I'll Have Some Cheese with My Whine Please

What a day. I'm talking about one of those days. I was tired, I was irritated, my life was threatened, it's that time of the month, my apartment is crowded and smells like whatever the deck was sprayed with, I have flies.

But you know what made it all better?

Dinner and a few glasses of wine with a co-worker who is also a dear friend.

Shoe shopping afterward. You know by now I like to drink but I don't like to drive drunk. So what's a girl to do after a bad day and two glasses of wine? Shop! Love that Applebee's is attached to the mall.

Then I ran into a friend at the shoe store. We decided to shop together. It was kismet. Friday night shoe, accessory, and purse shopping with a girlfriend. Not much beats that.

Macy's was having a 1 day sale. I found belts, earrings, and purses to match the new shoes, all at discounted prices.

Then I got a pedicure.

Finished the night up by talking with a new friend on the phone for a little bit. Yes, limes really are that small. :)

Humor me. I feel like breaking it down. You know, sharing with you why the day was a struggle before I share the purchases with you. I wouldn't leave you hanging like that. You'll see what I got shortly.

Tired? I suffer from insomnia. I toss and I turn. I finally fell asleep sometime after 2:30 AM. My mind tends to race at night. My head is filled with thoughts from what I need to pack for next week to highly philosophical, soul searching thoughts, to the idiotic.

Irritated? Wouldn't you be if you got only 3 hours of sleep? If one of the first things you see in what is normally your sanctuary living space is all your outdoor sanctuary stuff? It really bothered me this morning to see a patio table and bbq grill in the living room, and the table umbrella, chairs, and ice chest in the hallway. It set me off.

I know. I know. Get over it Mo. There are a lot worse things that I could have seen. I know. I know. Count my blessings. I know ok?

In case anyone is wondering, they did do the deck today and it does look nice.

My life threatened. By whom? Disgruntled employee. This one I may have to take with more than a grain of salt. That's all I'm willing to disclose here.

I believe it's that time of the month, my apartment being crowded, and smelling the way it does is self explanatory.

Flies? How'd they get in? Only one answer makes sense. They let them in when they did the deck. There were no flies this morning. Tonight? I have flies. Bitches.

Ok, now for the purchases.

3 pairs of shoes. A pair of gold strappy sandals, a pair of silver peakaboo heels, and a pair of black toe cleavage pumps.

3 purses. A gold hobo, a silver studded hobo, and a black clutch.

2 belts. A silver thick braided belt and a thinner gold braided belt.

3 pairs of earrings. A pair of silver hoops, a brushed gold pair, and a brushed silver pair.

Do you see my theme here? I thought you would. It's in the details baby.

You'll get pictures later. I'm off to get some sleep before I fall out. Peace and love peeps.

1 comment:

kimmyk said...

Man I need some retail therapy myself.

I keep wanting to hit the shoe store but then I think I just found two pairs of shoes I forgot I had. Can you ever have enough shoes? I didn't think so either.

Sorry you have flies. Glad your deck looks nice.

I love Applebees Confetti Chicken. Ever tried it? If not, give it a whirl. That shit is gooood.

Get some sleep.