Thursday, July 13, 2006

Speak It Girl

I came across this last night in the latest issue of Glamour magazine. It resonates with me.

"Now more than a year has passed since Roy and I split up. I'm continuing to make choices on my own as a solo artist and as a single woman. I've learned what my favorite color is, my favorite food, my favorite whatever, because I've become very comfortable being alone. And know that I know what it's like to be treated as a lady, I'll never go back to being treated like anything less. But for now, I'm just focusing on my music. That's where my heart is." - Former Destiny's Child singer Kelly Rowland (talking about her failed engagement and putting the pieces of her life together again)

Yep. That's been my journey too over the last year or so. I'm where she is, except my heart is with the music of my life.


On a different note, happy earthly birthday Mom. Thanks for the visit in my dream last night, even though it was a really jacked up one. Were you trying to tell me something about Vegas with D next week?

4 comments:

kimmyk said...

break ups suck. its terrible that they somehow sort of in a twisted way define who we are at that moment.

or maybe just mine have always been that way.

Mo said...

Kimmy, Mine too. This break up was definitely a good thing and it's taught me a lot. Divorce was not my first choice by any means but it was the right choice all things considered.

Unknown said...

It's funny that your blog is about this today. I was downloading songs last night and came across one by her and it just so happened to be about the same thing....talk about "Deja Vu"!

Mo said...

Ace, Great minds think alike huh? :)