Sunday, July 30, 2006

Road Warrior Part 3

Ok, so by now you know I travel with



and Southwest is not my first carrier of choice. I have nothing against their service. I just don't like the whole open, cattle call seating thing.

Not to mention every time I fly their friendly skies someone always trys to pick me up. Don't get me wrong. I am all for that. Who doesn't like attention from time to time?

Well, leg 3 of the trip took me on a flight to Spokane Thursday via Southwest. The pick up on this flight takes the cake. I gotta' give this dude credit. It takes cajones to do what he did.

But on a 7:00 AM flight? Hmmmm.

Let me break it down for you.

Arrive at airport with plenty of time to spare post a night of no sleep. Head to Qdoba to get some food. Stop by Starbucks on the way to the gate to get some tea and an USA Today. Get in line. Make a few phone calls. Counts blessings I have A seating this morning.

Get on plane. Sit next to window as I have plans to snooze on the way over. Get iPod out of briefcase. Settle in to read paper. Engage in casual conversation with man in the aisle seat. Rather large woman joins us for the middle seat. Offers casual conversation man sports section of paper. Read paper. Stick buds in once we get the ding ding signal. Snooze.

Deplane. Head out to sidewalk for my ride to pick me up. Arrive at office and settle in for the day. Get laptop out of briefcase. Find this in the briefcase.



In case you can't read it, it says
"Lunch today? Say 1:00 PM @ Clinks (in the Flour Mill) "Nice bootey" by the way! Greg XXX XXX XXXX Cell # What's Yours?"

Cajones. Big ones.

In case you are wondering, I am not calling. At least not yet...

1 comment:

The Knotty Girl said...

If it means a free meal then I call. :)