Thursday, January 03, 2008

Feeling Under the Weather


Feeling a bit under the weather.
Literally.
We are being slammed with three separate systems back to back which will be bringing more rain, snow, and wind our way.
Also, my nose is stuffy and my throat feels a bit crappy.

My mantra for the day, as I take a little road trip down south, will be "I am healthy. I am well. I will not be sick."
Hopefully the power of positivity, an increase of the vitamins, and Sudafed will kick whatever I might be getting before it takes up residence in my body.

The good news? I had an adjustment and a massage yesterday so my body doesn't hurt like it was.

God bless you Maricel. I am sorry I made you work so hard last night.

And I am just throwing this out there but isn't Nyquil supposed to allow you a good night's rest? If so, why did I toss and turn and sleep like crap last night?

Hope you and yours are well. In both mind and spirit.

Peace and Love Peeps.

6 comments:

Anonymous said...

Aww...HUGS to you. I'm sorry you're not feeling well (maybe try rum instead of the OTC stuff? Heh-heh). Seriously, take care and get well soon, kay?

Also, happy New Year to you and all the best for an awesome 2008!

annabkrr said...

That Nyquil never works for me either. If you're like me you just can't get rest when you feel badly. What's up with that? Feel better and try to chill if possible. That weather can't be helping any!! Sheesh..

And girlie, you never answered my ? in an earlier comment about whether or not your address and numbers were still the same???

Cheryl said...

I tried that mantra when I was getting sick, but it didn't work for me. I'm hoping it does for you, and fast. BTW, I can't take Nyquil either. For some reason it keeps me up too!

kimmyk said...

i haven't been feelin' the best for two days now. my nose is a constant drip-and i hate that feeling.

i've never tried nyquil so i can't comment. but i am sorry it wasn't helping you rest.

what happens when they do the 'adjustment' and what exactly is an adjustment?

Mo said...

Thanks Ladies. I am feeling a tad bit better and I stress tad.

Princess, god bless her little kitty soul, is hanging super close. To the point of kicking Jasmine out of the bedroom. She is more of the furnace and right about now, I can use the extra warmth.

Anna,
I thought I did answer...nothing has changed.

Kim,
An adjustment is when the chiropractor puts me back in alignment. As much sitting in cars, planes, sleeping in different hotel beds, at a desk and hunched over the computer, Dr. Yee is a life saver. He "cracks" my back, my hips, my shoulders, and my hips.

I didn't used to believe in chiropractic care until I had a pinched nerve that literally brought me to tears and made it impossible for me to lift more than three pounds with my left arm/shoulder. The only relief was getting an adjustment. Made a believer out of moi.

Unknown said...

i like the pic.