Monday, January 28, 2008

Howdy


Spanky and some of the crew have been on quite a few adventures the last five days.

This would be why my project has not been completed.

But hey, living life and sharing in your friends' and family by choice special days comes first.

Special occasions don't come everyday but "chores" do. The organizing was there before. It is still there today and will continue to be here waiting for me to finish.

I'll fill ya' in on the adventures as the week progresses.

Allow me to start with Wednesday.

Wednesday was the first day of my vacation. I chose to let the day actually be a day of relaxation. First up? I slept in. Yep. Didn't get out of bed until 10:00 AM.

Uh huh. It was much needed and felt so very nice. Please don't hate.

Next up was a few quick errands and then we hit the streets.

Above is Spanky in front of Mount Rainier in the parking lot of a local movie theater. As Brad shared in one of his posts last week, don't let this fool you. It is, after all, an active stratovolcano, just like Mount St. Helens.

Regardless, last Wednesday was a beautiful sunny clear day worthy of the saying we locals like to say, "The mountain is out."


Pete and I went to see . The movie is deserving of the positive reviews it receives.

After the movie we headed over to Bed Bath & Beyond. I finally got my Aerolatte and more importantly, Ace's birthday present. He is now the proud owner of . Use it well and often my friend.

After shopping dinner was in order. We did Chinese takeout and came home to the warmth of my home. We shared shrimp fried rice, prawns with lobster sauce, General Tao's chicken, and egg rolls followed by vanilla ice cream with chocolate and caramel sauce for me.

Not a bad way to spend the first day of vacation huh?

6 comments:

Monica said...

Thank you for the sweet comments my friend...I love ya!

And stop tormenting me with those WA pictures! I'm seriously considering retiring up there (which is in, what? 25 years??). I just love it.

Anonymous said...

Well, sounds like an enjoyable and relaxing time so far Mo!

Brad said...

Have a nice vaca friend - I want to have dinner with you - Our palates seemed matched perfectly.

Cheryl said...

A great first day of vacation. I love the mountain. How often does it 'come out?' Happy birthday, Ace!

Mo said...

Monica, You are welcome. Now as for not posting the WA pictures, I am not sure I can stop those.

Visiting anytime soon?

Slick, Yea, just wait. LOL

Brad, It can be arranged.

Cheryl, It "comes out" on sunny and clear days. When we are gray, it blends into the horizon.

Cheryl said...

It's hard to imagine something so humongous blending in. It's a good thing it's not in Beijing. They wouldn't even know it existed.