Friday, January 25, 2008

Might be MIA


I might be MIA for the weekend.

Why you might be wondering.

It is nothing earth shattering. Everyone is good. Thank God.
I am embarking upon a project I hoped would be done by now. Due to events outside of my control, I am only now starting on the tasks at hand. After two and a half days of vacation.
It all started with the idea of organizing my filing cabinet, desk, and craft area before my arse starts traveling all over the Northwest. I just do better, am more efficient, etc. when stuff is organized. Ya' feel me?
So Thursday, after a stop at , T and I hit the road. Unfortunately we encountered a bit of traffic along the way. But hey, when you are with one of your best friends, you have Starbucks, the sun, and a free afternoon, life is good. Even when you are stuck in traffic.
We made our way to Ikea. Lady luck was on my side. I found the unit I wanted. Pre-built. Discounted for sale in the "as is" section. You can bet I snatched that bad boy. On the spot.
Getting it home was not as easy as plunking down the cabbage. We tried to get it to fit into my car but no such luck. It stands 6'3. My little friend is not that big.

After making a few calls it was determined Chris and I would pick it up Friday afternoon.

This is when the fun begins.
Moving this into my space meant moving everything around. Y'all, I mean everything.

Silly me. I thought it would just slide in nicely. Um, not so much.
So now, I am forced into redoing the entire area. Cleaning. Organizing. Purging.
I am going to be happy when it is all done but holy hell, right now it is a mess.
And in my spare time, when I need a break and normally would jump on the internet, I will be getting to know the new Big Red . Oh yes y'all. I finally did it.
I upgraded. It was time. Especially when the previous Big Red wouldn't hold a charge anymore. I was down to less than twenty minutes talk time. This just doesn't fly in my world.
More to come on that excursion but as you can see, I've got my work cut out for me.
I hope you and yours are good. Wish me luck to get it all done before Monday morning.
Peace and Love Peeps.

5 comments:

annabkrr said...

I can upgrade too but I just can't decide what I want.

I feel for ya having to move crap around. Ugh! Red has a toy that reminds me of your new friend. I'm gonna take a pic of him and letcha see.

Cheryl said...

You've made yourself a lot of work, but think of the time it would have taken to put that cabinet together! Can't wait to see the finished project!

Unknown said...

Big Red. Check!

Mo said...

Anna, Looking foward to the pic.

Cheryl, I can't wait to see the finished project.

I'm about halfway done and it won't be getting finished today.
Birthday celebrations are more important.

Ace, LOL.

Unknown said...

sigh. Ikea "as-is" section is like a feast to the bargain hunter's soul.

I've put the kaibash on going there because its been like 6 times in the past 4 weeks. You just want more. I even find myself wondering if I can apply for citizenship to become part of the ikean race.

glad life is treating you good and busy.

and btw glad you didn't get the iphone. that's another treacherous thing that's is crack disguised in a sleek shiny looking device. ;)