Tuesday, January 29, 2008

Thursday Tales

By now you know I was on vacation a few days last week. Thursday T and I went to Ikea and ran a few other errands.
Ikea was needed because I was running low on tea lights. wanted to pick up some organizing boxes and see if I could find a lamp for my reading area.
This was before we hit the "As Is" section and I found the unit. The boxes were still needed and as a matter of fact, I need to go back for more. I should have seen that one coming.
I also picked up a picture frame, two pillowcases, a lamp, and wrapping paper. We also picked up Spanky's replacement for when the day comes he is no longer able to be with us.
And speaking of Spanky, he couldn't decide on which one he wanted to be his girlfriend. You knew he was a player didn't you? Yea, me too.
As is tradition, we indulged on the nitrates . Now the cafe has five meatballs for a dollar. With gravy. This may become the new indulgence on future visits.
After Ikea we headed over to Ulta. Spanky stayed in the purse. The excursion simply was too much for him to bear.
From there, I spotted a Sprint store and took the opportunity to get the new Big Red. I'm still getting used to it but I have definitely joined the age of smart phones and "Sprinted" ahead. Are you possibly wondering why the Purell bottle is behind him? Well, let me just say, one of the dudes at the store wanted in on the action of taking the picture. He thought we needed the bottle for scale. Yep, he actually said for scale.
I'd like to take this time to officially thank Ace for taking my phone call, doing the research on the spot, and helping me choose which phone to get.
You would think the associate helping me would be able to do this but nope, he was a tad useless in this department. I knew he was trying to steer me toward the phone which would result in the highest commission for him.
I don't blame him for this but um, when a question is asked and you are not able to share your knowledge with me, trust I will pick up the phone and call someone who can help me. I'm resourceful like that.
After a couple more delays, we headed out to pick up Snookums. From there, purchases were brought in, T and Snookums headed for home, and since it was Thursday night, I headed out for happy hour.
I would love to say we ruled over the pool table but I was out skilled for sure and since I arrived at happy hour so late, I had the chance to play one game only.
There will be another chance to redeem myself so I am not too worried but honestly, I do doubt my sober pool playing skills.
After confirming details for the pick up, I headed home and started the organizing project. Kind of a crappy way to end day two of vacation but it had to be done.
In bed by 2:00 AM was how the day finished.
Next up, day three of vaca/Friday.
Bet you are on pins and needles with anticipation aren't you?

3 comments:

Cheryl said...

Don't you just love IKEA? I don't go too often, but the last time I had their 99 cent breakfast with free coffee. There were a lot of seniors there taking advantage of the affordable food. If they had wireless, it just might become a new hangout! You've read about the guy living in IKEA, right?

Waiting for Friday tales. Have a great Wednesday.

Monica said...

Dude...ya gotta get the meatballs with the lingonberry sauce and the gravy and you mop that all up with the fries. I need to come up there and school you on IKEA food. :)

Mo said...

Cheryl,
If they had wireless you, me, and the rest of the world would probably take up residence.

I have not heard about the guy living in Ikea. Is there a link you can share?

Hope you have a great Wednesday too.

Monica,
I am with you on the meatballs with lingonberry sauce. That is the da' bomb. The hot dogs started with Ace but I have a feeling we may be going back to the meatballs.

You can come up here and school me on Ikea food any day of the week.