Wednesday, January 30, 2008

Friday Fun


Can you guess a little bit of what Friday afternoon consisted of?
Before we get to the fun part of the day, just know I did more rearranging before Chris and I made the trip to Ikea to pick up the unit.
And I am going to call myself out. I was out and about in a hoodie, lounging pants, and sneakers.
Yes y'all. I was one of those people I have spoken of before. My hair was in a ponytail and I was wearing makeup but my outfit was all comfort.
I felt very self conscious but I went with it.
Where exactly did I go in it? I went to Ikea, to Office Depot, the pharmacy, the bowling alley, and Office Maxx.
You know why I was at Ikea. The pharmacy is self explanatory I believe. Same for the bowling alley. I went to the office supply stores to find a filing cabinet to match my desk and fax machine stand. I currently have a white metal one picked up in desperation years ago. The time to change was now as it sticks out like a sore thumb.
So, Chris headed over early and we hit it. I called Pete in for reinforcements to help move the monster up the 25 steps/3 flights. That didn't work out too well as he was running late and Chris had somewhere he needed to be.
Yep. Chris and I moved it up the stairs ourselves. God Bless him. He did most of the work.
To my new neighbor: Thank you for letting me know on day one what kind of person you are. I love how you worked really hard at not making eye contact and chose not to lend a helping hand. You will not be getting a "welcome to the unit" package of goodies. Punk Ass.
As Chris was leaving, Pete arrived. We managed to move my desk all the way over to its new location and decided it was time to go hunting for the new filing cabinet.
He tagged along. Somewhere between the stores and the pharmacy, we got in a few games of bowling. He beat me but I held my own with scores in the 120s.
I rounded out the night by getting down to more purging and organizing. In bed around 3:45 AM.
An ok way to spend the last official day of vacation 'eh?

3 comments:

annabkrr said...

Pete, eh? Are y'all back together?

I hate my neighbors too.

Girl, I'm always that person walking around like a wreck. LOL

Cindy said...

I'm not proud to confess that I've snuck out to the grocery store in flannel pajama bottoms and Ugg boots. But then again, that's sort of accepted attire where I live. Not that I think that's any excuse. I'm sure you looked better than that!

Mo said...

Anna, Nope. Pete and I are just friends.

Cindy, I love my Ugg boots! Lounging pants and uggs rock.