Wednesday, January 09, 2008

Got Me Thinking

Last night, as I was watching C-Span for the latest and greatest on the New Hampshire primary, I found my thoughts turning toward this individual. Ms. Chelsea Clinton sure has grown up hasn't she?
Now I know you might be thinking Mo actually watches C-Span? The answer is yes I do. Not often but I do watch. I like to be aware of what is going on in this great country of ours. Don't you?
Anywho, my thoughts went a little something like this:
With your parents being who they are, where do you go? What do you aspire to be? And do you feel inadequate all things considered? Your father is a former president and currently your mother is a US Senator. You've grown up in the shadow of politics and success pretty much your entire life. Do you doubt your successes?
And lets keep it real folks. The press, America, and the world at large were not so complimentary of the poor chickadee during her stay in the White House. How many of us were all that and a bag of chips during our teenage years? At least we did not have to endure the world watching us go through the awkward stages like she did.
She seems to be doing well for herself and is well adjusted but honestly, I have to wonder how she feels in her private moments...

6 comments:

Brad said...

Here's the cynic in me. I think she was always well composed, really never made a gaff. But she also was the daughter of the President (and could be the first American too be the daughter of TWO presidents) who basically made an ass of himself and she kept it together – pretty cool right ?

Yeah, I'm thinking she's caught some love from her parents backers - it's just like any business - even in our own little 10 man operation - If it's a friends kid and I know them a bit, it's better than the unknown - and if you like/love the kid it's all the much harder - (yes, I've had to deal with this)

Sheesh - sorry to get on my soap box - and leave such a long comment

- deal -

and smooch !

kimmyk said...

i think she's poised. i mean look at everything her family has been thru and yet she remains a lady.

i like her.

Cheryl said...

kimmyk said it well. She is so poised. Who knows what it's like to be Chelsea. I believe she grew up very loved by both her parents.

I got your card in the mail today. Thank you! Love the metallic cardstock. And, I love your handwriting!

kimmyk said...

i came back to tell you thank you for my card!

i loved it! very creative and so you...thank you!

Mo said...

Brad, You can be on your soapbox any day of the week. *Smooches* back at you.

Anna, You crack me up. Go Britney. LOL. Seriously though, I am worried about that girl. She needs her some friends. Someone who will take her by the hand and check her or check her in to a facility.

Kimmy, Exactly. Poised is a great choice of words.

Cheryl, I agree. Her foundation must have been full of love.

To ya both (C&K), Glad you liked the card. I had a lot of fun making them. Valentines is next up and I will be working on those this weekend most likely.

I love that y'all loved them...I feel so validated. Hee Hee

annabkrr said...

Alrighty, now. I'm feeling all unloved and left out of this card exchange!!! POUTING