Wednesday, December 26, 2007

For Anna and Cheryl

And anyone else who is interested!

I thought it would be easier to answer the questions in a separate entry than an answer on the comments section.


First up is for Anna. She asked who Hasse is. He is quite simply one of the best people you will ever meet.

I realize more and more I am so very blessed to have great people in my life. People I can trust. People who love unconditionally. People who will be there for you in a heartbeat. People of integrity and character. People who will stand beside you, behind you, and in front of you depending on what is needed or desired. People who celebrate the big and small with you. People who will hold your hand, lend a shoulder, and pass the tissue if you need to cry. People who support you. People who give hugs just because and laugh with you more than at you. People I love and that love me.

I know I am blessed because not everyone has these kinds of people in their life. I hope you do.

Hasse is one of those people. His name is Tyler. We call him T but I called him Hasse long before T, To keep him and T (Traci) separate here, I refer to him as Hasse.

Anyway, he and I work together. In the same building. Our paths cross quite frequently. What I do impacts his success and vice versa. He is, without a doubt, the best of the best. I'm not just saying this because I love, respect, and admire him. He has the awards and results to prove it.

He was my first house sitter. He helped me get back in the game and helped to keep me sane while I was going through my divorce. He has a heart of gold and will give you his last quarter if needed. He's a good ole boy who loves to hunt, fish, camp, and his big truck.

We exercise together. We share a love of Mexican food. We vent with one another. And trust each other with our deepest, innermost goings on.

He's my boy and I love him dearly. When Maricel said he was a good friend, she was right. I go a step further and say he's a great friend. I am glad God brought us together outside of work so we could love, laugh, and live together.

Now for Cheryl. I started out with Stampin' Up. I have T to thank for this. Bear with me if you have heard this before. I think I have blogged about it once before.

I woke up one day about six years ago and realized I didn't have any hobbies other than reading to speak of. My life consisted of work, work, and more work. Still does but now I would like to think I have struck a balance.

She was invited to a Stampin' Up party and invited me to go. I went, realized how much fun this could be, and placed an order. The rest is history.

Unfortunately once I moved, T went to Cali, and the demonstrators I knew moved too (gotta' love the Navy), I relied more and more on Paper Zone, Impress, and Rubber Soul for my supplies, ideas, and classes. Oh and publications and the internet too.

My primarily creative outlet is making cards but I also art journal, scrapbook in a non traditional way, and other miscellaneous projects.

I sit down once a month and try to make the upcoming anniversary, birthday, and holiday cards in advance. It is for me just as much as it is for the recipient. There is something comforting about playing with ink, stamps, paper...cutting and gluing...takes me back to a simpler time. A bonus is when I can combine the creative with time spent with my gal pals.

The only downside? The amount of money you can spend on this hobby. One of these days I think I will add up the amount spent on stamps and punches. It will be staggering I am sure but honestly I can say, I use my supplies on a regular basis. A single stamp may set you back seven plus dollars but it can be used over and over and over so in the grand scheme things, it is cheaper than buying cards in mass quantity.

So, with all that being said, allow me to break down the supplies and stock used for this year's cards. Thank you for you interest Cheryl!

Creme Paper: Virtual Pearl Curious Collection from Paper Zone

Blue Accent Paper: Plasma Blue Iridescent Curious Collection from Paper Zone

Square Scallop in Blue: Scallop Square punch from Punch Bunch (purchased from Impress)

Square Punch in Creme: Square punch from Family Treasures (purchased from Rubber Soul)

Snowflake Stamp: Stampin' Up Frosty set stamped with Tim Holtz's Distress Ink in Weathered Wood

Joy Love Peace Sentiment Stamp: Single stamp by Impress stamped in Stampin' Up's Classic Brilliant Blue Ink

Glitter: Squares sprayed with adhesive spray purchased from JoAnn's and sprinkled with Prisma Ultra Fine Glitter obtained years ago from Rubber Soul

Next up? Happy New Year cards. I already have two designs in mind. When should I expect you? I'll put the music on, make sure there is more than water in the house, and munchies too...

6 comments:

kimmyk said...

what kinna munchies you got?

you are blessed with the friends you have Mo. blessed indeedy.

i love your hair brown. you look younger. did i tell you that before? love the hat. i can't rock a hat...but you definitely can!

Cheryl said...

First of all, you are so fortunate to have so many good friends. That's something I wish I had. I have so many clients that I'm really close to, but not outside of work. It's hard too when you're a single mom. Still, I'm a homebody and love my alone time.

I have a stamping room. Mostly all Stampin Up stuff. I'll never tally the cost of my supplies! Blogging has taken over my hobby time, so I don't stamp nearly as much as I used to. I've never taken a class. I love the part of my brain that I use while stamping. I'm so glad that I took the time to make this year's cards. If you want to exchange cards, drop me an e-mail with your address, OK?

Unknown said...

That's a real good picture of you with Tyler. Tyler is a great friend. If you are having a bad day he will cheer you up without even trying. That's the way he is.

Summer said...

Can I borrow Tyler?

All of you that stamp are getting me interested now. A samping ROOM Cheryl?

annabkrr said...

I want Tyler after Summer is done with him.

Sum, I have a stamping CORNER. You would cry, keen, and cringe if you saw it.

Mo, I have that hat too, but it's khaki beige color. And Kim is correct in saying your hair is gorgeous!!

Mo said...

Kim,
First and foremost we will have chips and dip. Duh! From there maybe some hummus. Oh and of course we have to something sweet. I take requests so you let me know.

You did tell me I look younger with darker hair. I am still getting used to it. Thanks for the compliment.

I love that hat. It gets worn many times in a month.

Cheryl,
I will send you an email later. That would be fun.

I am envious of your room. I have a craft/kitchen table and a small area with my stuff stored. A room would be a dream.

Summer and Anna, Come on over. He is on loan but stays in our neck of the woods. We are selfish like that.

Summer, You would love doing this crafty stuff. I just know it.

Anna, I need a hat in the color you are referring to. It would match my Uggs perfectly. Thanks for the compliment too.