Wednesday, December 05, 2007

Kyla's Engaged!

Last Thursday, some of the girls and I met to celebrate Kyla's news. She is engaged. Yes, y'all. Marriage is in her future. Congratulations to the happy couple!
Stephanie unfortunately was working. We wanted her to be with us as much as she possibly would be able to do so we met at our local Outback (she's the manager).

Stephanie

Melissa aka Samantha

Kyla aka Carrie


Maricel aka Charlotte and Mo aka Miranda

As is usually the case, a round of drinks started the evening.

Now I know you may find this hard to believe but I only drank water this evening. What was it Tom Cruise called it in Top Gun? That was my drink of choice for the evening.

Kyla's choice is not pictured. She was partaking in pink greyhounds.
Melissa chose lemon drop martinis.
Maricel ordered a long island ice tea.
Drinks were followed by an order of wings.

Salads were ordered before the main selections. I didn't take any pictures of those as I was busy scarfing on my house salad with ranch on the side.

Maricel and I shared an Outback Special. Cooked medium. Just let me say, those green beans were perfection.

She ordered a loaded baked tater on the side. The beans? Mine. All mine. The tater? Hers. All hers.

Kyla and Melissa shared an order of coconut shrimp and loaded cheese fries.I took a very poor picture of the cheese fries. I won't make you suffer through the blurry, dark quality.

I really need to work on taking shots without a flash. This is becoming more and more obvious to me.

During dinner, as is also usually the case, inappropriate conversation ensued. This particular evening we were treated to a drunk patron sitting at the bar who took it upon himself to insert his two cents. I asked/told him "Don't listen. Please don't listen." Kyla church fingered him and told him "This is not your business."

He kinda' got the hint but not really.

After the game (Thank you Cowboys for another great one!) finished and said drunk patron paid his bill, he approached our table. He mumbled something about we should be in a movie or have a movie made about us.

He then proceeded to unzip his vest and show us the Paramount logo on his tshirt. Um, ok was about all we could summon. As if a tshirt with a logo indicates you are in the movie making business. And if he truly was, does he think we would be interested in entrusting our lives, our stories with him?

Freaks seem to find us. Wherever we go.

3 comments:

Cheryl said...

You are some out and about girls. Congrats to Kyla.

I love the no flash look, but sometimes you need it.

Summer said...

Congratulations Kyla! Wait a minute, that's not the appropriate thing to say, but I never knew what was and you know what I mean.

Love Outback, I never get a bad meal there.

I'm a freak magnet. Totally.

Anonymous said...

Daaang, all those pictures of food and drink makes me wonder how I missed out on all that!

So uh...after reading about the guy trying to pick you girls up, I'm thinking I also need to change my technique.