Saturday, December 01, 2007

Marcus Won!

When: Saturday, November 24, 2007

Where: Silverdale (Applebee's) and Bremerton (Admiral Theater), WA
Who: Maricel, Channy, Andrea, Ace, T, Snookums, and moi

What: Seattle's 28th International Comedy Competition - The Night Before the Finals



This is what the text from Ace proclaimed Monday morning. "Marcus won!"
We were very happy by the results as he was our favorite from the get go.
Congratulations Marcus!
Of course now I won't be able to hear the song Umbrella and not be reminded of his act. We also need to see Labyrinth to get the full David Bowie effect he re-enacted. Nonetheless, his win is well deserving.

Now that you know who won, allow me to share our night with you.

Maricel, Channy, Andrea, and I started with a round of drinks and an appetizer at Applebee's. Ace joined us a little bit later on.

It was a very smart move to order this as it took over one hour for our dinner order to be taken. One hour people! Yes it is true we were seated at a table in the bar area. We did order one drink each. We did enjoy each other's company but one hour? It was not that busy. If we wanted something, she had to be flagged down and even then she was snippy and slow.

I guess we drew the short straw and were waited on by a substandard waitress with a little bit of an attitude. Good thing we were in good spirits or she might have received a complaint or endured the wrath of one of us.

MaricelAndrea

Channy

I believe Ace is starting to influence me

Ace goofing once againWhen we finally were able to order and received our food, these were our selections.

Maricel and I shared an order of steak fajitas. Channy ordered mini burgers.
Andrea chose a turkey and bacon ciabatta.
Ace got a bbq chicken sandwich. Getting our bill was yet another challenge. By this time we were running late and none of us were happy.

Again, two hours? This wasn't a four course meal. This wasn't a dinner party. This wasn't an European dinner. This was Applebee's in Silverdale, Washington on a Saturday evening.

After making our way over to Bremerton and hooking up with T and Snookums, we found our seats and I for one was grateful the show didn't start promptly on time. Otherwise, we would have been those people who show up late, block your view, and well...annoy you.

I think it is safe for me to say we had a great time. I know I did. Andrea says I am going to live a long life since I laughed so much.

The lady sitting right in front of me told me after the show I reminded her of her sister and enjoyed my outbursts.

I have one of those belly laughs that is unmistakable and out there. Used to drive my ex husband nuts but do you see the key word there, ex?

At some point during the show, Ace excused himself and returned with

Good call Utensil. Good call.

During intermission I got snap happy.

T, Ace, and Me Out of respect, I will not post the other pictures. We were goofing and some of the pictures are not that flattering. I like to get permission for internet viewing on those.

Anywho, the show ended and we went our separate ways.

In bed, snug as a bug, by 12:3oAM.

Good times y'all. Good times.

3 comments:

Unknown said...

That was a fun night:) Good times:)

Summer said...

You people are SO good looking!
Congratulations Marcus!

Mo said...

You are hot stuff too Summer.