Saturday, December 22, 2007

What Are You Doing?

A phrase uttered many times a week to me or words spoken by me.

Last night the exact phrase exclaimed, no less than four times, by some of those closest to me, was "What are you doing home on a Friday night?!?"

I didn't know it was that unusual for me to stay in on a Friday night, alone with the kitties, curled up as snug as a bug but apparently it is.

Who knew?

It didn't last long though.

Ace was coming through and was hungry so as I got dressed, he blew out the candles and we headed out to one of the only places open after midnight to grab some grub and a drink.

Ace had his very first beer since he arrived back from Vegas. A nice tall Bud Light for the gentleman please.



















He took a fabulous picture there, It would have been outstanding if the setting wasn't on digital macro. This is why it looks a bit blurry.

I shook things up a little bit and chose Sprite instead of lemonade with da' goose.



















He ordered a bacon cheese chicken grill without the cheese.














I opted for a grilled chicken cheese BLT.














As the lights went up (ya' know, the universal sign for get the heck out) the bill was paid and we headed out.

With full bellies, we walked toward the car. In an empty parking lot. And I proceeded to hit my head twice before we even pulled out of the parking spot.

If I had stayed home, that would not have happened. But hey, I am not complaining. I am just saying...

3 comments:

kimmyk said...

sprite? whaa the....???

sammiches look yummy.
how the hell did you hit your head??? you goof.

Summer said...

I like friends like Ace.
And you.
Merry Christmas!

Mo said...

Kim, I was feeling sassy. I thought lemon lime...hmmm, lets give it a whirl.

As for hitting my head. Yep, I am a goof. This we know for sure. LOL

I drive a SUV. Ace drives a low to the ground compared to my SUV two seater sportscar. I hit my head getting in to the car and then again when I reached for the door. Good times I tell ya'.

Summer, We like friends like you. Merry Christmas to you too!