Monday, December 24, 2007

Friends Make It All Better

Were you a foolish person like Hasse and I yesterday?

I guess I should clarify huh? What I mean is did you brave the crowds and get some last minute shopping in?

Yea, that was some good times y'all.

He pretty much needed to do all of his shopping and I, "oh the horror of it all", needed to pick up some personal items for myself and the house.

It is something like a crisis to think of a couple of days without my perfume and eye cream. I readily admit I am a high maintenance girly girl. The thought of running out of Wallflower refills makes my heart skip a little beat in horror.

I love that my friends get this about me. You would think he was giving me crap when he said "oh the horror of it all" but nope, he meant the intention in a loving way. He knows it could turn into a mini crisis for me.

So, there I am. Late Sunday afternoon and I decide I am going to go for it. I am going to brave the elements. The wind. The rain. The traffic. The unseasonably not so happy people and head out.

Off to the local mall I go. Not a parking spot in sight.

I say a few curse words and head north. To the dreaded traffic infested shopping area. Luckily, traffic was not too bad and I was able to find a parking space somewhat nearby.

Basket in hand I enter Ulta. I quickly fight my way through the crowd of people, mostly men picking up last minute items I suppose, gather my goodies and proceed to wait in line. And wait and wait and wait.

I then go down a few storefronts to Bath and Body Works. What a mistake this was. If I thought Ulta was bad, it had nothing on Bath and Body Works.

As I maneuvered my way to the back of the store all I could think was, "Please lord let me get out of here in one piece and without wanting to kill a bitch."

Purchases were made and I decide to head over to Party City, which is also a few storefronts down. No such luck in finding gift bags or a reusable container to give a gift in.

At this point I am starving. I realize I have not eaten since breakfast. The spinach, mushroom, two egg omelet I made was not going to hold me over. I quickly called Hasse, who was in my home city doing his shopping, and agreed to meet up for dinner.

One more stop to go. Bed, Bath, and Beyond.

Here the parking lot was the worst of the experience.

People! I am going to say this once. It is ok to park and walk. Really it is. Circling in hopes of finding a spot up close is a waste of time on a day like yesterday.

I enter the mecca in hopes of finding the latest gadget I want and a reusable way to wrap a present (it's all about being green right?) only to find the gadget is completely sold out. Not one in stock.

I will be back after the holidays in hopes of getting one. And before you go hating Ace, it will make my life easier while I am on the go. Therefore, it is a needed gadget. Just like all the rest of them. So there. *Pfft*

As I maneuver my way from the parking lot, I call T to see how her shopping excursion(s) are going and if she is at the point of wanting to kill a bitch too.

We talk all the way until I meet up with Hasse for dinner at Red Robin. *Waves hi and thanks T for putting me in a better frame of mind*

Hasse and I sit down and wait And wait. And wait some more for someone to take our drink order. It is a darn good thing we have patience. And knew what we wanted to order or we would have been there for ever and a day.

In case you are wondering, he had a fatty bud light and a bruschetta chicken burger. I selected a glass of tea, the queso dip for us to share, and a santa fe burger with garlic fries.

As we chowed, vented, and assessed where else we needed and wanted to go, we decided to give it a go together and take in a movie afterward.

Target was not that bad but dang people, could you lower the temperature? Dripping sweat down my neck from the heat and seeing Hasse red faced is not pretty on any day.

A final stop at Borders, where god bless his soul, he let me browse and browse before making the final selections.

Off to the movie we went. What did we see you might be wondering?

None other than . For the record, are the blue eyed people taking over? Not that I want you to be distracted should you decide to see this flick, but if you do, pretty much everyone in the movie has blue eyes.

I know. I know. Only I would notice something like that in midst of all the action my in real life peeps are saying right about now but it is true.

Are you wondering how the movie was? I would give it a thumbs up. It flowed nicely. It moved along at a nice pace. It wasn't too far fetched and if you like history, it intrigues.

As we were walking out of the mall/theater, I turned to Hasse and expressed how thankful I was he called out of the blue to shop together and spending the back half of the day with him was fun in spite of it all.

Friends can and do make it all better...

4 comments:

Cheryl said...

Wow! What a day!

I hope your Christmas is just wonderful!

Unknown said...

Hasse is a good friend.

Summer said...

Merry Christmas Mo Girl!

annabkrr said...

Who is Hasse?