Friday, December 07, 2007

God Bless the Techies


Sending a great big shout out and thank to you Peter for saving my data.

Remember when I said my dinosaur kicked the bucket?

That it was stuck in a boot loop and as a result I was living in fear of losing my pictures and iTunes library?

Well, I took it in to the local repair shop last Saturday.

Let us all take a moment of silence to honor the dinosaur.

*****MOMENT*****

It is indeed dead.

I have good news though.

Peter, the "I look like I am about sixteen techie", was able to back up the hard drive and move the files over to the new desktop tower/operating system I purchased.

Anyone else notice how most of the techies look like they are about 20 at tops? Peter was no exception to this. He knows his stuff though. Or could I just be getting older so the peeps coming up behind me look that much younger?

You might be a bit confused as I have spoken of a laptop before. I have a defunct personal one and a work one. Most all of the time I am on my work laptop.

This may sound weird, or you may completely understand, but there is something about switching gears to a home life frame of mind in using the desktop after a long day at work.

It is very similar to changing clothes after I get home. It is one of the very first things I do. It helps me transition from work Mo to home Mo. Using my desktop switches the gears in my head from work Mo to home Mo.

One of these days I will purchase another personal laptop but for the time being, my desktop and trusty work issued laptop make my life a living joy.

So after forking over a little bit of bank, lugging the box up the stairs, hooking everything back up, I found my picture files tonight.

I can see some iTunes stuff but I am not able to locate the actual library from before. *Please baby Jesus, let it be there.*

Other important files are there.

I am saying many thanks tonight. He did say he had a bit of trouble with moving the files but I am hopeful the library made the transition.

Y'all say some iTunes prayers for me ok? Especially since I was dumb enough to erase the entire library in a mad attempt to access my music a few weeks ago.

Now if I could just get my internet connection and speakers to work as well as finding the iTunes library, I would be in technology heaven.

Fortunately, I am blessed to have wonderful people in my life who know how to make this stuff work. They will be receiving phone calls soon.

One more time, GOD BLESS THE TECHIES!

Peace and Love Peeps. I have programs to go install and laundry to do. Exciting for a Friday night I know. Don't hate.

3 comments:

Summer said...

I won't bore you with the story but I lost everything on my desk top this week. GRRRRRRRR.

Mo said...

Ahh Summer. I feel your pain.

Unknown said...

everyone appreciates the geek. it just takes a good kick start.