Sunday, December 30, 2007

Saturday in Review

Saturday was spent with Ace. He called and woke me up around 11:30 AM. Now before you go on and hate on me for sleeping in, I had been up until well after 4:30 AM. From the day before. Working in the wee hours. Doing what I do.

The alarm was set for noon anyway. However, I was not happy about being told to get up. To make myself pretty as he was getting ready to get in the shower and be over. I admit it takes me a while to get ready and I can be easily distracted but I didn't want to hear that before I had even rolled out of bed.

I listened though. I got ready, ran a quick errand, and sat on the couch to wait for him. Mark the day! I was ready and waiting.

After he arrived, we exchanged gifts.

All of his goodies were in this . A box he can use again. Being green is good!. The box is full of things he won't buy for himself but I know he will use.

He knows me all too well. He blessed me with three new striped scarves, a book, and two absolutely beautiful handmade bookmarks. They are almost too pretty to use.

Post gift exchange we headed out. First up was getting a bite to eat. It is a darn good thing where we ate offered buckets of because I was starving. He was too but refrained from snarfing on the nuts.

Our service was horrible. Absolutely terrible. Ace had to flag down someone to take our drink order and even then it took at least ten minutes before we got a strawberry lemonade and a tea.

A single man was seated after us and he got his order taken before us. Um, excuse me? Then, it took at least twenty minutes for us to get rolls, a burger, and a salad. Did I mention the joint was empty?

And lord help me, I was honey until she took my card and overheard Ace and I talking about how that is one of my pet peeves. I didn't like to me called honey or sweetie when I lived in the South and I surely don't like it now. Especially if you are giving us piss poor service.

She almost made us late to the movie. I recommend you do go to see . It is inspiring. The audience in our theater applauded at the end. Post the movie we wandered around the mall for a bit and then headed back to my place.

I promptly put him to work getting my new computer up and running. After a call to Qwest, my new desktop tower is internet connected but it looks like my iTunes library is indeed lost forever. Oh, and my speakers work again.

Did you know the backs of the computers are color coordinated so you know what accessory goes with what input? Ace got a good laugh at my expense.

I have said it before and I will continue to say it. I am not mechanically inclined. I need help and am not afraid to ask for assistance when it comes to putting electronics together.

After a few harrowing minutes, everything was in working order. I decided we needed ice cream. So we went to Cold Stone and treated ourselves to a like it size treat. Ace was denied lots of butterfinger for his combo. See how boring his looks compared to mine? I told him he should have asked for more but he went with the flow and took it as it was prepared.

Bellies full of a sweet treat, we went our separate ways. Another day spent with one of my favorite people.

Good times y'all. Good times.

3 comments:

Summer said...

I had to call AT&T the other day, the man asked me to take the back of the phone off and take the batter and SIMS card out. I had to call my son and ask him to help me. I had the land line phone laying on the table as I was attempting to open the cell. TYM walks in the kitchen and asks what's wrong and I said, "The guy at AT&T must think I'm a total idiot." I could hear him laughing! When I picked up the phone again he said, "I really don't think you're an idiot."

I think I might be when it comes to mechanical things.

annabkrr said...

That ice cream looks so damn good! What kind of computer did you get?

Mo said...

Summer, Right there with you. Right there.

Anna, I just had one built to fit my needs by the guys at the computer store. Nothing too fancy. Just enough space for the basics, pictures, music, and fast internet connectivity.