Tuesday, March 27, 2007

I Am Woman

. . . Hear me R*O*A*R.

That was our battle cry this evening.

First let me tell you a little bit about the drama-rama at the office today. I swear sometimes I think I am back in high school.

One of the admins in the office, who sits upstairs, comes downstairs today to talk to one of the other admins in the office. The admin from upstairs will be called A. The admin, who sits downstairs right by me, will be called N.

So, A comes bounding down the stairs today and says to N, "I need your help with a top secret mission." N replies, "What do you have in mind?"

N thought it would be along the lines of a practical joke because we are always playing those on each other in the office.

A says, "I need your help in finding out who Mo is dating."

Now, A has no idea that N and I have developed a "I got your back" type of working relationship and friendship.

So N replies with "Why do you want to know?"

A says "Because at the holiday party she said she had been dating three guys and now she is down to one and I have a theory as to who it is. I think it is J."

Background info for you is J used to be one of the managers in the office but he has since left us. I still text with him weekly and we get together for dinner about once a month give or take. There is nor has there ever been anything between us. A has the serious hots for him. I think he has a little bit of a crush on me.

N says, "All I know is his name is Pete."

According to N I then walked into our area and the conversation was over. But not before A starts complimenting me on the bun I was sporting today. Please. You really think I didn't know you were talking about me. Seriously. Who thinks a bun looks really good on anyone?

So all I am saying is could she be my stalker? That was the first thing out of Pete's mouth when he heard the drama-rama. That and she just probably just needs some friends.

Now some of ya' are probably wondering why I didn't confront the situation head on like I normally would. I would have if I didn't think it would have negative repercussions for N. They have to work together day in and day out. I'm in and out of the office so much it doesn't really make a difference to me, at least not at the moment. Should she continue to pry in my personal life, I will take little miss aside and find out exactly what is up and why it seems to matter so much to her. This is not the first time A has inquired about something in my personal life and frankly, it's getting a little old.

Now this is a direct shout out to my girl JP. Tonight Kyla and I went to dinner at Olive Garden. We scarfed on salad, soup, and breadsticks with Mariana sauce. We split a bottle of pinot noir. We were chilling and realized we had less than one hour to shop at Office Depot and JoAnn's. There was about one glass of wine left in the bottle. We were going to cork it and she was going to take it home.

We stand up from the table and decide we can finish that last glass in the bottle. Do you think we messed around with pouring it into glasses? Oh no JP, we went the classy route and sucked it down straight from the bottle. Cuz that's how we all roll right? Who needs stinking glasses anyway?

After Office Depot and a mad dash to Office Max, we hit up Target. Y'all know how much we love some Target. I found the perfect pair of leopard print ballet flats. So cute. Great airplane shoes.

Yes y'all. I still dig the leopard print. I am woman. Hear me R*O*A*R.

Kyla picked up a chair and ottoman that she has had her eye for some time. It finally went on sale. So what is a best friend to do but help one of her beaotches carry that bad boy up two flights of stairs? We were both in stilettos. That takes some skill folks.

We are women. Hear us R*O*A*R.

And speaking of roaring, love kitty is driving me crazy. I have been gone all day and she needs some loving. Wait until she finds out I have an 8:00 AM flight tomorrow and won't be home until after 9:00 PM.

Peace and Love Peeps.




No comments: