Sunday, March 25, 2007

Rolling with It

It's been one of those weekends. You know when you think you have it all planned out and then things change at the last minute?

All the changes have been good so I'm just rolling with it.

Seems like this weekend has been movie weekend. Shooter Friday night, Reign Over Me Saturday night. Before this the last movie I saw at the movie theater was in November with Pete. I used to go all the time.

Friday was supposed to be Zodiac with Kyla, Marisol, and Marisol's husband and dinner. It ended up being Kyla, Aaron, Travis, Ace (vanilla Ace), John, and me seeing Shooter and then having drinks and dinner at The Spot.

Saturday I did work. No lunch with Pete but I did get that much needed hug. Got my facial and a 15 minute shoulder rub down that was sorely needed. Then I ran some errands, had dinner with Marisol at Roadhouse, and we met Tyler for a drink at Red Robin before we went to see Reign Over Me.

I was "scheduled" to do my Easter cards and household stuff.

Today, which was wide open, remains wide open for the moment. I've got a load of laundry going, tunes rocking, and the urge to bust out those Easter cards.

Y'all remind me next time I go to the Dollar Store to go with someone alright? I'm just saying...when did the local Dollar Store become a pick up joint?

After my facial I went to pick up a few Easter basket goodies. Kyla said they had some good stuff so I thought I'd check it out.

Let me frame this up for you before we go any further. Post facial means no makeup and a little bit of red face. Since I had been out late the night before and up early for work, I threw my hair back in a ponytail and sported the Uggs, jeans, and a long sleeve t-shirt with a long tank top under it. So when I strolled into the store I was looking like I had rolled out of bed and was uber casual.

I'm walking the store and the security guard was casing me. Y'all know what I mean right? Like every aisle I went down he happened to be close by.

Like seriously, out of all the people in the store do you really think I am the one you need to keep an eye on? Did you not see the meth heads/crack whores over by the tshirts bugging over the fact that you carry tshirts? Did you not see the kids covering each other by the candy?

I was thinking I was the least of his worries. It never crossed my mind that he was going to make a move.

Homeboy strolls by me and asks, "Do you have a myspace page?" In typical Mo fashion I look around to see if he was talking to me. I replied, "No." He says, "It's the in thing to do. Why don't you have one?" I reply, "Because of what I do for a living (this is partially true) it wouldn't be a good move for me to have my personal life out there." He then asks what I do for a living. Um, yea buddy. I'm not telling.

So he walks away and then this other random dude comes walking up and says, "Hey sexy thang. Can I get your number? Wanna' go get something to eat?"

Are you kidding me?

So I stroll over to the stickers by the registers and security homeboy comes back over. "So I see you don't have a ring on your finger. You wanna' get together sometime?" I think to myself are you freaking serious? My reply, "Um, thanks. I am flattered, especially considering I just got out of a facial and have no make up on but I have a boyfriend." He says, "Well you can't blame a guy for trying right?"

No, I guess I can't.

I got the hell up out there peeps.

So, if you're looking for an ego boost may I recommend your local dollar store? Let me know how it works out for you ok?

And don't any of you go and tell Pete I called him my boyfriend. We're exclusively seeing each other but that's it a'right?

4 comments:

Unknown said...

Last movie you saw was Dreamsgirls with me (black Ace).

Mo said...

Ah Kimmy. You are so good for my ego but trust me I looked and felt like I had just rolled out of bed.

Ace, I am soooooo sorry I forgot about our movie date. Can you ever forgive me?

I had a brain fart. It must have been from all the laughing I did at your expense from the text messages Sunday morning/Saturday night. Glad to see you are alive and well.

Mo said...

Ah Kimmy. You are so good for my ego but trust me I looked and felt like I had just rolled out of bed.

Ace, I am soooooo sorry I forgot about our movie date. Can you ever forgive me?

I had a brain fart. It must have been from all the laughing I did at your expense from the text messages Sunday morning/Saturday night. Glad to see you are alive and well.

Mo said...

Ace, We were both wrong. The last movie I saw was with Pete. It was Smokin Aces the last day of January.