Wednesday, March 21, 2007

Meet My New Friend


I spent a lovely three hours at the doctor/hospital yesterday. I feel like an experiment gone wrong. I feel like a pin cushion.

I had my blood drawn three times. I had two chest x-rays. I huffed and puffed into this breathing thing three separate times.

Fun times I tell you.

When my doctor walked in the first thing she said was, “You look fantastic for someone who was as sick as you were.” Thanks Dr. Kim. I do try to look presentable, no matter how bad I am feeling.

Then she sits down and says, “Wow. You were really sick. I mean really sick. Normally patients with pneumonia can be sent home with antibiotics but you were admitted. Your heart rate was high, your pulse ox was low, and you were sick.”

Naw. Really? You don’t say.

She thinks I may have aspirated some of the vomit in the wrong pipe when I had the stomach thing or I got hit with another nasty organism.

Any way you look at it, I was really sick. Do you get that by now? Yea, me too.

So, to make a potentially long story short, my lungs are clear but my lung capacity is crap. She said I should have been blowing at least 400 but I couldn’t move that little red bar more than 300, 325 at max. My pulse ox is back at 100.

$60.00 later, I get to puff on my little purple friend every morning and every night for the next 30 days.

Cross your fingers it brings the inflammation down and I didn’t develop asthma. That’d be oh so special wouldn’t it?

And I have been banned from working out for another 2 weeks and have been ordered to rest, to listen to my body, to take it slow.

All I am saying is I am grateful for the health that I do have but I sure would like to be closer to 100% than where I am right now.

Here’s to hoping you and yours are healthy and feeling fine.
Peace and Love Peeps.















No comments: