Wednesday, August 08, 2007

Book Lover Alert & Grrrrrr

So I am dinking around tonight, rather this morning I should say. Avoiding the laundry that still needs to be completed.

I decided I should update my desired book list. You know, the list of books OCD peeps like me keep.

The list of books to read because someone tells you about a book, you read a review in a publication, see it on the best seller list, etc.

You knew I had one of those lists right? It is in my palm pilot and I have an excel spreadsheet too. Hush It!

So I wanted to see a bibliography of Mary Higgins Clark's books. I entered her name into Google to see if she had a web page and this lovely was an option:
www.fantasticfiction.co.uk/cgi-bin/coming_soon.cgi

I am in heaven people. Check it out. You'll find all sorts of ways to keep up with your favorite authors, new releases, etc.

And for Tina, one of the funniest things said tonight while on the phone with Pete. Yep, I am off of silent on the home phone...for now at least. I missed a call from Kimmy tonight :(

Him: "Are you having sex?" I was breathless when I answered the phone. Me: "Um, no I'm updating my book list. I just found this really cool website and I am excited. Plus, it took awhile to get to the phone." Him: "Yea, organizing stuff is like sex to you."

Not exactly buttercup but in all fairness I do like to do that kind of stuff. Y'all know that by now.

And here's the grrrr part of the post. He, during the course of the conversation, decides to tell me "something you are not going to like". Seems like the man had a girl over a week or so ago. She spent the night but they didn't do the deed.

Before y'all start thinking yea, right I am pretty sure about this for personal reasons of which some of you are aware.

And yes, he was right. I didn't like to hear it but we are broken up. He says he hasn't talked to her since that morning. Whateva'.

I am not sure why he felt the need to tell me. It came up during the conversation of how hard and not so nice he can be to wake up in the morning. He apparently was laying on her sweater and when she went to get it as she was leaving his house, he growled something not so nice at her.

If I was her, considering what he told me he growled that morning, I probably wouldn't be talking to him either. I'm thinking it is not such a good idea for me to be talking to him right now for that matter.

Separation, in its truest form, is in order I believe. Especially since I did feel a bit of that hollow feeling in the pit of my stomach when he told me this little diddy.

He also proceeded to tell me his roomie's dad was over the other Sunday and asked about me. He tells him we broke up and Bob (roomie's dad) starts asking him all sorts of questions, talks to Adam and Jen about me, and lets Pete know he's making a mistake in letting me go. Pete says, "Everyone who finds out about us says the same thing. They all love you and this makes it harder."

But not that hard huh buddy? You had a slumber party and it wasn't with a friend who had too much drink/was too tired to drive and needed to sleep it off on your couch/floor...

3 comments:

kimmyk said...

First-I love Mary Higgins Clark!
Not so keen on her sister though. Dunno why.

Secondly, Thanks for that link. It's good to be ahead of the game as far as books go. Jennifer Weiner is one of my favorite writers-make it easier for me to stalk her. She'll appreciate that.

Lastly, I hope that everytime someone tells Pete that he's lost out on something good it feels like he got hit in the gut. I can understand him telling you if you two were trying to mend fences, but it felt like a slap in the face to me and I wasn't the one sleeping with him.

Men can be such dorkasses can't they? Pfft.

wendy said...

totally agree with men being dork@$$es at times.

Regarding books, I have been reading a ton lately since I've been on jury duty. Recent picks include A Mighty Heart (excellent), Ultramarathon Man (excellent - even if you don't like running), Into Thin Air (slow beginning, but developed well), lots of Grisham novels (you know, it helps pass the time at jury duty), and Jane Austen's Pride and Prejudice (took me forever to read last weekend, but it was fantastic)

Anyhow, I hope you can enjoy a few from the above list too!

Carrie said...

Glad to see I'm not the only one who keeps a desired books list...while not in my palm pilot or on an excel spreadsheet...I have one. :)