Sunday, August 05, 2007

Day 2

I finished the book around 10:30 PM. Great read. Now I want to know if Luce and Cope stay together or go their separate ways. If the woods did indeed claim another victim. Suspense at its best!

Slept in again today. Woke up around 11:00 AM. Jasmine tried her best to wake me up at 5:30 AM and again around 8:30 AM but I was having absolutely no part of it. None I say.

Before I went to bed I did something that might shock some. I turned off the ringers on all my home phones and turned my cell to silent all.

No need to wipe the dust away from your computer screen or rub your eyes to ensure you read that correctly. Off. Completely silent. I am shutting out the world. No interruptions for me today.

I have tons of laundry to do today and I don't want to be tempted to go out and play. Even though it is a truly gorgeous day and going out would be fantastic. Blue sky, light breeze, temps in the mid 70s, sun...calling out to be enjoyed.

But I have officially run out of clean undies. I am wearing my last clean pair so that means laundry day. Not to mention, I have more clothes in the hampers than in the closet.

So there you go. Not only have I been neglectful of my physical fitness, I have been neglectful of my domestic duties too. Just been doing the bare minimum to get through the weeks.

I will get out on the patio between loads. I have a new book to read. A pure guilty pleasure.

Should be a quick read too.

Thank goodness for the public library. I would be a broke woman if I didn't utilize their services. I am grateful for their existence.

I go through about three books a week. I am usually reading a fiction book, a business related book, a self help/spiritual book, and a biography/autobiography at the same time. I have books tucked away by the bed, in the living room, the bathroom, on my desk. Pretty much everywhere.

What can I say? I have a love of books. I can be a nerd. I admit it. I embrace it. It started when I was young. Some of my fondest memories are of going to the library each Saturday with my mom and filling up with tons of books and spending countless hours with my nose in a book.

Getting lost in the pages. Losing myself in the words. Living and learning in an alternative world equals bliss to me.

I was a little jockette too but you could find me with a book in hand at the kitchen table, on the couch, in bed, in the car, in the yard. Catch my drift?

Well, not much has changed through the years. I just hope the generation coming up behind us, our future leaders, experience the joy of reading too.

Ok, enough time spent here for now. The washing machine stopped so it's time to get back to my domestic duty.

Hope y'all have a great day.

Peace and Love Peeps.

2 comments:

kimmyk said...

sounds like you got this vacation thing under wraps and under control.
good for you.
when we were away it felt really good to sit down and read a book. my brain thanked me even though the book itself wasn't the good read i had hoped it to be.

hope you have a quiet night...and get lots of laundry done. that's a good feeling.

Webmiztris said...

I'm a big library-goer too. the library is like the greatest thing ever. even better than Blockbuster because library books are FREE and I'm a CHEAP BITCH! lol!