Sunday, August 12, 2007

Day 8, 9, and Back to Work

Updates from Day 7 peeps. Updates with more information than you might appreciate but updates nonetheless.
My obgyn appointment went well. Ok, as well as you can expect when you lay your funky butt up on a table, put your feet in stirrups, and you know. You do know right?
Everything looked good and hopefully I won't have to go back for another pap. I had no idea, with as my doctor said, "new technology allows us to do a pap during your cycle. You may have to come back but most likely not."
Yea, how is that for too much TMI. Not only did I get a pap but it was during my cycle week.
Oh, and let us all be thankful I was already scheduled for that appointment as I have a lovely UTI. Got the RX to wipe it out (no pun intended) but holy hell, I know now to definitely take it with more than a little bit of food in my tummy. Nausea is not a good thing. Also I will be going to bathroom when I need to instead of holding it in.
I came home between the scheduled appointments (had two hours) and guess who needed to use the fax? Y'all see a trend here? The guess who is Pete.
He stopped in for what I thought was going to be a fax and leave type visit but he ended up staying until the next morning. Again folks, we are not getting back together.
I ended up cancelling my second appointment for the day with my family physician and rescheduled for this coming up Thursday. Since those of you who have had the curse of an UTI know the frequent trips to the bathroom can throw a wrench in the best of plans, it resulted in me not doing my facial until Saturday, not doing the boardwalk walk or celebrating a friend's sisters birthday Saturday night.

Ok, back to Pete because I know you want to know what happened. I would if I were you. :) We ended up pretty much just chilling. We spent some time on the patio, enjoying the day, drinking more than a few brews, grilling dinner, and watching a movie. Doing what friends do.
Saturday was spent getting my hair cut and colored, followed by the brows and facial. Finished up the night by ordering in from Peking Wok and watching Zodiac and Black Snake Moan with Kyla.
Today I have no plans except to get back in work mode and spending the day doing whatever I might feel like doing. So far this has consisted of staying in my jammies, loving on Princess, visiting blogs, and reading. Vacation is over.
Hope y'all have enjoyed the ride with me. I leave you with a few pictures.
Peace and Love Peeps.

I found these at Safeway and couldn't resist their sunny goodness.


Who doesn't enjoy a fresh flower smiling at you in the bathroom? This was one was perfect for the bud vase. It was the "runt" of the bunch.


The brews we shared. I was out of Chill but had plenty of Bud Light. The temps were warm, the sun was shining, the sky was complete with few clouds, and two eagle sightings.



The rib eyes Pete grilled. We also had corn and baked taters.

Love to you all...

6 comments:

SuburbanMom said...

Sounds like an awesome day! I wish I had the time to do all that fun stuff (yes, even the highlight and waxing sounds fun :)

Love the sunflowers -- I have the same ones in my living room right now. :)

kimmyk said...

Mo, sounds like a good way to end a vacation to me. Except that whole pap exam-I seriously could do without that exam every year.

It's good to hear that you and Pete are still such 'good friends'. I'm curious though as to why he would keep bringing himself back into your life the way he does so unexpectedly if he wasn't having second thoughts or whatever. Are you sure it's over?
If I had drank that many beers I'd be naked in a bed discussing wedding plans. HA!

Okay so today is Monday and it's back to the grind for both of us...I hope you have a great week.

Pretty flowers by the way!

Webmiztris said...

oh, UTI's SUCK! I've only had one once, but it was terrible. hope it goes away FAST!

Mo said...

Katherine, Great minds think alike! Sunflowers winking at us is a beautiful thing.

You have to make the time. Do I need to set up a play date for you? If you lived closer I would drag you to the spa with me.

Kim, Yea. Great way to end the vacation right. Another reason why women rule! Guys think turning their head and coughing is uncomfortable. I'd like to see them go through what we do. Then I think they will think twice before complaining.

I was thinking the same thing too. Especially since I was on vacation. I think it is over and honestly we have danced around the subject but neither one of us has come out and brought up the question/discussion. For now I am just rolling with it. It seems to be working.

I hope you have have a great week too.

Thanks Dawn. I am feeling much better today! Thank goodness for modern medicine. Could you imagine what it must have felt like in the pioneer days?

Carrie said...

Ohhhhh I second that, UTI's SUCK. :( Hope you're feeling better.

Love Sunflowers, so pretty. Can always brighten a day.

You're killing me with the brews and steak...summer goodness. Ummmmm, I'll even look past the fact that it's Bud Light. ;)

Mo said...

Crayons, You let me know what beer you like and we'll drink a few in honor of you!