Monday, August 13, 2007

Once a Year



Once a year we are fortunate enough to witness one heck of a meteor shower.

The Perseid Meteor shower.

It peaked, according to reports, early this morning.

Did you and yours get out and enjoy nature's splendor?

Me and mine did Friday night.

We were not fortunate enough to have clear skies Saturday or this morning.

The shower is to continue all the way through August 24.

Maybe I will get another chance. Let's hope so because I totally dig on the stars.

And in case you are wondering what exactly a meteor is: Meteors are small bits of solid debris, mostly grains of dust, perhaps a few pebble-sized pieces, that burn up as they rapidly descend into Earth's dense atmosphere. The debris (technically called meteoroids) is left behind by a comet, a "dirty snow ball", left over from the ancient formation of the Solar System."

I would love to quote that source for you but I can't remember exactly where I found that a few years back. If I had to guess I would say it was from the University of Oregon's website.

Hope everyone is having a good Monday morning. I haven't made it out to the office yet. Hey, don't hate.

I wanted to check my email before I got hit with the "shitstorm" as someone very close to me who works for the company too said to me over the weekend. Lord only knows what will be waiting for me when I step foot back into the business as usual Monday morning, on the busiest week of the month for me, and returning from vacation, post a huge issue right before I left.

It's all good peeps. Really it is.

Thank goodness I have plans to walk tonight and to watch a movie with Maricel , Tyler, and Channy (ooopsie, I have been spelling her name incorrectly all this time) later.

Peace and Love.

4 comments:

Anonymous said...

Best wishes for a "not too bad" Monday! Also, we couldn't see the sky last night (lots of clouds), but might get to tonight. When I was a child, though, we saw showers often (I lived in the mountains and what a show)! Glad you enjoyed it and FANTASTIC photo!

Carrie said...

I completely spaced....irrrr, forgot about the meteor shower, D'oh.
Hope I get a chance to see something. It's usually so bright here at night though, I have my doubts.

Hope today was tolerable at work.

kimmyk said...

I actually got up at 3am and sat outside and watched and waited for nearly a half hour and saw nothing. Not one thing. Adam got up at 1:30 to watch it and he didn't see anything either. We were bummed. Good to know there's still more of a chance-I thought this morning was our only window.

My Monday was ok. I'm tired as hell though.

Mo said...

Thanks everyone for for the well wishes on my first day back.

Liz, Good to see you here!

I gotta' get better at quoting where I find pictures. I wish I had the capability to take one that good. Mine came out all blurry. I found that one via google images.

Crayons and Kim, We still have time according to the reports I have seen!

My gal JP, who hasn't been able to log in, was treated to a fantasic showing in VA this morning. I have hope we will be too if we get out and about.

The ones I did see Friday night/Saturday morning were amazing.