Friday, August 10, 2007

Day 7

First an update on what I did with the rest of day 6.

I spoke with Karen on the phone for a bit. We decided no movie. We both were enjoying being in our jammies and doing pretty much nothing too much.

I met some of the gang for a drink at our Cheers and left to meet up with Maricel, Chenney, Mina, and their puppies for a walk on the boardwalk. Post the walk, I went back to our Cheers to grab a salad and say goodnight to the peeps I left earlier and rounded out the night by doing some shopping.

The fridge and freezer are happy. Chicken, turkey, frozen fruit, fresh fruit, lettuce, yogurt, juice, eggs, veggies....Back in business.

You know how it is said as you get older you start to turn into your mother? I channeled her tonight when I picked up my first nightgown since I was a little girl. Both are girly and super soft. One is sassy and the other is cutesie.

I'm like her in other ways too but these selections were all her. I usually sleep in a long pant and long sleeve silk or satin pj set or a tshirt and boxers. Or sometimes nekkid. So as you can see, I am not usually a nightgown girl but for some reason I was drawn to them this evening.

How about you? Do you do things that make you think you have or are turning into your mom? Doing so brings me a sense of comfort because my mom was one hell of a woman. A personal hero. A superb human.

Ok, before I start crying, lets talk about day 7.


When I take this week off to do nothing it is usually in July. I need a mid year break. Time to breathe. And time to see the obgyn and my family physician for a yearly and for a physical.

I'm responsible like that, especially since we know next to nothing about our family history.

So on my last official day of vacation I will be getting poked, prodded, pricked and getting a tetnus shot. Fun times I tell you.

I can't wait to be scolded by my family physician either. I've put on some weight I lost since February so I am sure I will be scolded and rightfully so.

I have thought of changing doctors before because honestly, she can scare me sometimes but I have come to the conclusion it is in my best interest to stay with her. She checks me. She keeps it real and I know at the heart of it all, she has my health and well being at the forefront of the conversations. I'd much rather have a doctor tell me the straight truth than gloss over and refill an Rx.

Post my doctor's appointments I have a facial and brow appointment scheduled. Then we're meeting up for a boardwalk walk.

How about you? How are you spending your Friday?

5 comments:

kimmyk said...

Not with my feet in a stirrup that's for damn sure.

I'm cleaning today and tomorrow and takin' the boy shoppin for school clothes saturday.

nothing exciting.

as far as turning into my mother-there are times when I swear to BOB that my mother herself had possessed my body. scary scary.

have a great weekend!

wendy said...

I can't think of anything that's too much like my mom, other than a serious affliction with retail therapy when me and the hubby are crabby with each other.

My Friday is not so exciting, just back to work after 2 weeks of jury duty. YAY!

Where do you facial? My absolute fave person is Karla at the Southcenter Gene Juarez. She's the only person I trust with wax. ;-)

Monica said...

I spent my Friday wine tasting and watching "Big Love." :-) Hope you have a good weekend!

Carrie said...

Not only has having children made me realized I'm a lot like my Mother, but my thirties seem to be brining more of these realizations...and I'm totally okay with that, my Mom rocked too. I'm proud to think I could be like her.

Thanks for the reminder...hmmmm, yeah I have to take care of my brows here soon too. lol

Mo said...

Kimmy,
How did the cleaning and shopping go?

Wendy, I get my facial done at Marino's and only by Veronika. I too only trust her with wax.

Monica, Great way to spend the day.

Crayons, It happened in my thirties too. :)