Saturday, August 04, 2007

Day 1

Woke up around 9:30 AM. In pain.
I woke up sore as all get out from the walk last night. In a place I didn't expect to be sore. My butt/hip area. Um, ok...anyone have ideas as to why that area would be hurting the most?

Yes, it is true I have been neglectful of my physical fitness. I am out of shape but really? All we did was walk the boardwalk. No running. No jogging. No super structured power walking. Just walking.

And I wake up with that? Dang. I best get back on it huh? For more reasons than one.

So after I scarfed down a lemon and marionberry muffin from Trader Joe's, I took two Tylenol rapid release capsules and decided crawling back to bed was in order.

I played with the kitties for about twenty minutes. Upon seeing my cell phone letting me know I had a message, I checked that out and decided I would indeed get a pedicure this afternoon.



My sausage tootsies and feet are all nice and taken care of once again.
It had been well over two or three months since my last one. I just wasn't making the time and then I was trying to coordinate getting one with Jen at Gene Juarez. Lordy lord, if you want two of those side by side on a Sunday afternoon, you need to book over a month in advance.

Anywho, I took my color cue from Chenney and Maricel. I let Chenney pick my color. Hey, I felt like living outside of my box today.



Chenney on the left. Maricel on the right. Cute shoes huh? You can see why they are my girls too can't you?

Before my pedi, I spoke with Pete for about ten minutes, watched this week's episode of Rescue Me, and took a nap.

Yes. I went back to sleep. Yummy. Indulgent. Rejuvenation at its best.

Post pedicure, I stopped by the grocery store, watched a bit of TV, lazed around on the couch with Jasmine, and am going to spend the rest of the night doing nothing but chilling out with
The plan is to finish the book tonight. I am pretty sure I can achieve that goal.
Tomorrow I plan on doing some of the household stuff I need to do as well as getting that pesky work related stuff taken care of that I need to do before Monday morning.
I will let you know how I do tomorrow. For now, a cold glass of tea, the patio chair, and Mr. Coben's literary work is calling my name.
Peace and Love Peeps.

4 comments:

kimmyk said...

Yeah for pedicures with girlfriends.
You guys kill me...pink. So sassy and girly all wrapped in one.

I'm not sure why your hips and butt hurt. Maybe you slept wrong? Or maybe your body is telling you it needs sexed up. I dunno. Just throwing things out there.

Good to hear you're having a good break. Hope you finished your book....

Enjoy tomorrow.

Summer said...

My kind of day for sure. Enjoy!

Mo said...

Kimmy,
Thanks for throwing things out there. I am still trying to figure it out. As for needing to be sexed up...yep.

Today, thankfully, I am not too sore so I am planning on going for a walk again tonight.

Thanks Summer! Hope you are feeling better and you enjoy your day too.

Anonymous said...

those are some cute toes...